The Pinnacle of your Collection

Korgoth

First Post
My White Box original D&D. I have everything crammed in there except Blackmoor (haven't secured that hardcopy yet). But basically, the White Box is D&D in its raw form and totally gameable for the rest of your life as your only RPG.

Runners up include the Moldvay/Cook Magenta and Cyan boxes in top shape (the Expert was actually in shrinkwrap when I got it... my present to myself for passing my PhD comps!) and the Chaosium Ringworld boxed game plus Companion.

Maldin

First Post
The Living Greyhawk Journal Issue #2, with the large City of Greyhawk poster map.

Why? (For those of you who don't know already)
That map and accompanying article were my first published items in the gaming biz. (Who cares about the scientific journal articles! LOL!)

Denis, aka "Maldin"
Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com
Loads of edition-neutral Greyhawk goodness... maps, magic, mysteries, mechanics, and more!

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Tough one.

My most cherished game possession are the three mini-AD&D core books that came out in 2000. Each signed (along with a personal note) by Gary Gygax.

A close second would be a pair of d20's Dave Arneson slipped in my hand (with a sly grin) at the last GenCon he attended with a note reading "Rubbed through the hair of Dave Arneson. Put these on eBay".

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Wait I changed my answer...

My most cherished gaming related item is the "BIG C" -- one of the aluminum letters from the Mecaa cener in Milwaukee which was salvaged by a friend after the building was demiloshed.

At the last GenCon in Milwaukee I took it around to vertually everyone I could find to sign it. Gary, Dave, Elmore, Parkinson and too many more to list. Even has a Snit drawn on it by Wham and Finieous by J.D. Webster.

It hangs proudly on my game room wall.

Stormonu

Legend
I should say it would be Dungeon #78, since I got my adventure published in it - however, I'd have to actually say it is my 1E copy of the L5R game; it's simply my favorite RPG book because it brought a game world to life for me in a way no other RPG has managed to entice me.

Wik

First Post
Meh. Not much of a "collector" per se, but if my entire collection were to burn down tonight, and I could only save one book, it'd be one of the following:

1. My copy of "Jakandor, Land of Legend" - simply because that book is chock-full of ideas, and it's pretty much impossible to get a copy nowadays. Even a digital copy, using less than legal avenues. :p

2. Call of Cthulu d20. Again, this book gets used so much, and it's kind of rare now. Best part about it? I don't even run CoC, and it still gets used more than many of my 4e books. And I run a non-horror game.

3. World Builder's Guidebook. I mean, so many random tables that are guaranteed to spur creativity. With this book, I have created mini campaigns consisting of Thri-Kreen versus Gnomes (Renaissance Kreen versus Stone Age, psionic gnomes) in a highly volcanic world. Seriously - this book is a must-have.

Remove ads