• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part X

Dalamar

Adventurer
"While we probably don't want to merge any more Gems to the Staff, maybe the two Gems we have could 'sense' some of the other parts together?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"I'm not sure I'd characterize the stone as being evil, but it was a little disturbing. Some of that may have been my own impressions coloring the event. It did offset my meditations which may mean it's merely a great power without being aligned - I suspect it's evil but have no proof."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
While you are eating breakfast, Thomas enters the inn. He looks around for a small moment before spotting your table, then heads over to you.

"Morning, all." He says, nodding his head in greeting. "I sent a messenger to the Council... they're ready whenever you are. They're waiting at the clocktower, as usual."

Jarval

Explorer
"Ah, good, thank you Thomas." Jansson clears his plate, then retrieves his gear from his room. "I'm ready to leave as soon, as everyone else is."

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius stretches a few times. "I'll meet everyone outside, then."

Yawning as he walks, Osius will try to locate the horses and begin to have them saddled.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
...Osius will try to locate the horses and begin to have them saddled...

"Ah..." Thomas says, as he notices Osius looking for the horses, "I left 'em at the gates. It's only a short walk to the clocktower, anyhow, so I thought you'd not need 'em."

As you start walking, Thomas heads back to the gates, waving as he goes.

-----

You arrive at the clocktower without interruption. The door at the top of the stairs is open, and you enter; the six council members are seated, and watch expectantly as each of you enters the room.

"You requested an audience with us?" The githyanki asks in a calm, even voice, once you are all present.

Jarval

Explorer
"We have run into a problem along the way. The sorcerer Jirlai has allied himself with a githyanki of the name Ratheqar. This is the second time we have encountered this gith, and both time we suffered fatalities. Desimus and Shardorn both fell in our last battle, and their fate lies with the priests of Rashida." Jansson pauses a moment to let this news sink in.

"We did manage to keep the gem from their grasp, but they seem to outmatch us in power. Ratheqar seems capable of travel via some form of psychoportation, although the exact details escaped me. These event took place a little over a fortnight ago, as our return journey was not in quite the same manner as our passage out."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"Yes. In a nut shell: we have half of the Psionicle secured, but we don't really know where to go next."

"We ourselves do not know where the others pieces are." The githyanki says. "Where have you searched?"

Jansson
"We have run into a problem along the way. The sorcerer Jirlai has allied himself with a githyanki of the name Ratheqar. This is the second time we have encountered this gith, and both time we suffered fatalities. Desimus and Shardorn both fell in our last battle, and their fate lies with the priests of Rashida."

"That is grave news indeed." The blue says. "And Ratheqar being involved..."

Jansson
"We did manage to keep the gem from their grasp, but they seem to outmatch us in power. Ratheqar seems capable of travel via some form of psychoportation, although the exact details escaped me. These event took place a little over a fortnight ago, as our return journey was not in quite the same manner as our passage out."

"They cannot be that great of an obstacle, if you still retained the gem." The githyanki says. "You say you have encountered Ratheqar twice - and yet you survive, do you not?"

"Unless they have a motive for keeping them alive." The elf observes. "If Ratheqar doesn't want them dead... if he were after the gems, he would surely kill them and simply take them, if he were so powerful..."

"That is possible." The blue says, nodding. He looks to the group. "Is he after the gems? Or does he seem to be after something else?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads