D&D General The Satanic Panic never really died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don’t think Mike Mearls speaks for them any more.
Maybe not, but he did when he said that, and there was no contradiction at any point, from anyone in the company.

Jeremy has also made it clear that representation matters and is a bit priority for the company and brand.

Bawylie

A very OK person
I'm sick of every jerk and lunatic in this country hiding behind religion to try and escuse their deplorable behavior
Does checking your daughter’s Christmas wish list and worrying that she might be losing her way count as ‘deplorable’? It’s getting difficult to keep up.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
"We all know" lots of things to be true, contrary to religious assertions. That doesn't get us very far.

Do people really think that appealing to reason will disabuse someone of their religious notions?

Hey, I was brought up Methodist... so yes! ;)
At least, that's they way Methodism is supposed to work.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not really it's been there in the background.

Best thing to ever happen to D&D. Free publicity. Thanks.

But yeah D&D doesn't have to be for everyone. It has magic demons and devil's in it. That's an issue for some people and it's a perfectly valid opinion including if you let your kids play it.

I don't agree with the Twitter thing but the mother isn't being unreasonable IMHO if she doesn't want to buy it.

But if you have an issue with D&D don't play it. Simple.

Last edited:

Does checking your daughter’s Christmas wish list and worrying that she might be losing her way count as ‘deplorable’? It’s getting difficult to keep up.
It can be, if losing her way includes things like coming out of the closet, dating someone of a different race, protesting for equal rights, hiding minorities in your attic, etc.

Paved with good intentions, and all that.

Bawylie

A very OK person
It can be, if losing her way includes things like coming out of the closet, dating someone of a different race, protesting for equal rights, hiding minorities in your attic, etc.

Paved with good intentions, and all that.
That’s not what happened in this case, but point taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads