The Seige of Shadow Wood

Krug

Newshound
In my experience, sometimes the DM needs to push things along. Especially the 'the-characters-meet-up-and-decide-to-adventure' phase.

M'lya wishes the other elves goodbye, and tells them not to be hasty. "Hopefully we will return with good news, and victory to come," she says in her sing-song voice.

Mithreander

Explorer
The group moves reaches the cave by the time night fall had fully comeupon the forest, darker still because of the trees cutting even the light of the 2 moons to almost nothing.

THe cave was dark and uninviting... and occupied. There were three elves there, seeming to guard the entrance. ALl of them appeared to be memebers of the Royal Guard, the Ravenbows, each carrying a bow to match thier positions.

Upon seeing you, they just nod in your direction until you make it known that you want to procede.

"Here, now! You don;t want to be going that way! There's trouble down there... a few scouts went down there to see if they could scout from the other end of the army and never returned. The search party that was sent to find them has also not returned."

They do not exactly block your way, but they do appear reluctant to let you pass.

Someone

Adventurer
"Your warning is much appreciated" says Dancer. He makes sure his weapons can be easily drawn and enters the cave.

(Talk about mistakes, I forgot to buy torches or sunrods :/)

nonamazing

Explorer
Laucain looks at the Royal Guards, somewhat confused. "We've lost two parties in the tunnel? Odd. I hadn't heard anything about this area becoming dangerous. Hmmm." He shakes his head softly. "But my friends and I can't turn back now."

Laucain whistles softly and a cool breeze whips around the group. Seconds later, a small swarm of fireflies come drifting out of the forest, settling for a moment on Laucian's quarterstaff. The swarm pulses, giving off a bright flash, then vanishes, leaving the staff still glowing with a flickering light. (ooc)casting light--10 minute duration(/ooc)

Holding the lighted staff before him, Laucian follows Aenyeweddien into the cave.

Mithreander

Explorer
Laucian and the others pass the guards, who let them by reluctantly with a warning "Have your bow's ready... the forest warns of trouble below."

Once past the guards, Laucain's light illuminates the darkness well for the sencitive eyes of the elves and you travel down the opening corredor for a few hundred yards before coming to an intersection that you already know. Off to the right, there are chambers and caves, but none of them lead anywhere, but finally dead end.

The passage to the left is the one that you want. It had odviously been used in the past for something, though what was lost in the past, or perhaps the elders knew, but the floor was smoothed and the walls as well, polished to a glow by the touch of elves... or other dwellers. Further down that way, there were still rooms with stone doors, hallways that lead to more rooms and finally to the exit on the other side of the plains that the hourd occupied.

[secret=Someone]Dancer hears voices far down the corridor, echoes of echoes. They are of voices, surely![/secret]

Someone

Adventurer
(OOC: you may want to use spoiler tags for messages that only one player can hear. Use (spoiler)message(/spoiler), but with square brackets [] instead of round ones (). Here´s an example:
hello
)

Aenyeweddien stops and makes a signal to the others to do the same. "I hear voices ahead" whispers "But I don´t know if they are elves or something else. In any case they´re closing our way."

The warrior then draws the bow and readies an arrow, moving from cover to cover down the corridor.

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: THank you, I'll do that in the future... that actually works on another board I played on, and was not sure if it would here or not. Cheers

The group travels down the left corredor, causiously, passing doorways and passages that do not lead to their destination and that do not echo the sounds that Dancer had heard, or any other sound.

Finally the group reaches an intersection of passages and the sound of uninteledgable, gutteral voices can be heard to the left. They seem to be arguing.

The way out was still straight ahead.

nonamazing

Explorer
"I'm feeling a little disoriented--it's been a long time since I've come down here. But I think the way to Stoneshed is down that tunnel," Laucian whispers, pointing in the direction the voices are coming from. "They're obviously not elves--could the Horde have placed an advance force in the tunnels?"

"Aenyeweddien, I've the feeling you're considering the direct approach. But I think we ought to take advantage of their distraction in order to get an idea of what we're up against. M'lya, I know exactly how quietly you can move--I think you've got the best chance to scout up again and let us know what's going on. What do you say?"

Someone

Adventurer
"Those sound like orcs, so if we have to continue we´ll have to fight" says Dancer. "But don´t worry: I know there´s such things as ´too many orcs to kill at once´"

"M´lya, if they see you don´t hesitate and run back to us. We´ll be ready."

Remove ads