• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Temple of Elemental Evil (Recruiting Alternates Only)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yep, he lived in the Kron Hills, but putted a store in Homlet, by that time he meet the adventurers that get rid of the elemental evil, aiding them is such task.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is the list of players.

Blackrat as Aredal Light, human cleric of Pelor from Crockport, Furyondy
Redclaw as Dolan, son of Danath, dwarf fighter from the Lortmil Mts.
Voda Vosa as Mulnock Dilngbor, gnome spellthief from the Kron Hills
Brachna as Drynethael Midurien, elf duskblade from Celene
OnlytheStrong as Vicroar Shadowfall, elf rogue from Verbobonc

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Good. Hmm, I'm not very familiar with greyhawk. actually only things I know is what is in the PHB and DMG so I don't know much about regions of origin but if it's okay, Aredal could be from this city of Dyvers. The name and location of the village that fell to the zombie-plague has been already forgotten.

It seems that Olidammara smiles for me today: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1354111

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
It's ok if you don't know much about Greyhawk. Knowledge of the setting may add to your enjoyment of the game, but is by no means vital to appreciating the merits of the adventure, which are quite setting-independent. There's a reason it's a classic. Dyvers sounds just fine as a city of origin. It would make your character something of a city slicker though as the city boasts a population of around 40k (quite large for a quasi-medieval society).

If you would like some suggestions, he could be from Furyondy and the zombie-plague could have been created by priests of Iuz trying to stir up chaos within Furyondian lands. Furyondy and the Empire of Iuz have a pretty strong dislike of each other since one is led by a high-level paladin-king while the other is ruled by a CE demigod. In that case, Crockport would be a good port of call for Aredal.

Alternately, the plague could have been caused by the devil-worshiping Horned Society, another of Furyondy's enemies. Some prominent members of the Horned Society are priests of Nerull or Incabulos (Greyhawk's god of pestilence and plague) and would figure well into such plans. Being from the town of Morsten or the city of Grabford would work well with such an idea.

Blackrat

I like that Furyondy suggestion so from Crockport it is ;) . I'll get to creating the sheet right away. Taking the normal starting package for gear is okay?

WarShrike

First Post
I'd be intrested in playing a straight rogue, if theres none already. I had to roll 2 times, first roll i got 2 13s as highest.

Roll #1: airwalkrr's ToEE (4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=11, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=8, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=10, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13)
For a 12, 11, 8, 13, 10, 13.

Roll #2: airwalkrr's ToEE (4d6.takeHighest(3)=8, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=10)
For a 8, 12, 15, 16, 13, 10.

Also, do you accept Whisper Gnomes from Races of Stone? I'm rather taken with Whisper Gnomes atm. :heh:

WarShrike

EDIT: I see theres already a Rogue. :) I'd still like to play something if theres still room.

Blackrat

Oh yeah. Even though I don't know much about Greyhawk I think I have somewhere the 2nd ed. deity book, (Deities and Demigods?) I'm not sure of the name but it was full of flavor text so I could incorporate much of the flavor to Aredal.

EDIT: Aredal is up in the RG. Just need to pick feats and gear anymore. And I picked a craft skill but I'm a bit at loss on what should I specify it to be. I'm thinking that he could carve holy symbols that the temple sells and maybe some other simple ornaments and charms. So perhaps craft jewelry?

EDIT2: I just realized a hilarious thing. I was searching for any info about this Crockport and found this map: http://www.canonfire.com/cfhtml/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=352 . The funny thing is that the coat of arms in the left corner is actually the Coat of arms of Finland. Now as I'm a finn my self, it was an interesting find. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads