The village of Prumen

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

"Very well. I have news as well. I discovered the tracks of a large band of humanoids heading North, not far from here. I believe they massacred a lumber camp as they came by. I need to tell the Captain of this, or someone. After that, I'll return to see if I can aid here. Thank you for the information, and good luck."

Solomon then heads into town for Militia HQ. He will preferably tell Marcus of the humanoids, but the other leiutenant or the captain if he stumbles across them first.

DarkMaster

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Very well. I have news as well. I discovered the tracks of a large band of humanoids heading North, not far from here. I believe they massacred a lumber camp as they came by. I need to tell the Captain of this, or someone. After that, I'll return to see if I can aid here. Thank you for the information, and good luck."

Solomon then heads into town for Militia HQ. He will preferably tell Marcus of the humanoids, but the other leiutenant or the captain if he stumbles across them first.
It's still early in the morning and the streets are almost empty. You see some merchant preparing the stands in the main place for today's market but that's about it. When you get to the Barrack, you notice that everyone is sleeping, you also notice two bodies on the table, the mayor's brother and an unknown women, you guess she was the sniper they told you about. In the corner of the room there is also a civilian sleeping on one of the soldier's bed with a huge two handed sword lying next two him. Marcus is sleeping on another bed on your left and Gror on the bed at his right. Gnarll the lumber camp cook is also here sleeping on the floor, you guess that is on the floor since none of the bed were long enough for him. He his snorring horribly loud. There is nobody else in the room.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
"I go, gots ta deliver a package er I gets in trouble. Sorry fer da trouble, I just dun like it when folk go a tell'n me what'n to do. I try to meet ya at bridge east o'ere at sundown, if'n I dun make it, I got inta trouble. Just remember I dun 'elp ye if'n ya need it and we's come across one 'nother after that." With that he gets to his feet and offers the goblin a hand up and shows him over to the larger goblin who is still alive, even if barely so. "I dun as much as I can fer yer friend fer now. Take care a 'im for a week, he be better then. I gots ta be gettin' on now. Sundown, dun wait fer me." With that he snatches up the two barrels of powder, picks up his rattan-staff with his few belongings and makes his way on towards town.
You quickly leave toward the village, you pass on the bridge and go through the forest you should be there quickly. You are still amaze by how trustworthy that gobelin seems.

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

Solomon, seeing that Marcus is still asleep, takes the opportunity to bathe and put on a clean uniform. He is very conscious of appearence, not wanting to fall into the half-orc stereotype of ugly and uncooth. After cleaning up, he'll see if anyone has awoken.

DarkMaster

First Post
Manzanita said:
Solomon, seeing that Marcus is still asleep, takes the opportunity to bathe and put on a clean uniform. He is very conscious of appearence, not wanting to fall into the half-orc stereotype of ugly and uncooth. After cleaning up, he'll see if anyone has awoken.
You finish your bath, you get back everybody still sleeping, You notice through the window, the captain, the mayor and the town counselor approaching the barrack, you guess the captain already told the news to the mayor.
OCC The mayor is a short overweight men always smilling but doesn't have a lot of charisma, and his not very firm with his descision. The men with power in the village is the tall thin, dark haired, blue eyed and highly charismatic counsellor. The counsellor is also very sharp minded and difficult to fool.

The captain open the door and let the other two mens enter the barrack, as soon as the mayors see his brothers he starts to cry very loudly waking up all those sleeping in the room. The captain salute Solomon politely (no more). The counsellor look at you dispectfully, he never liked the idea that mergovians can rely on inferior races like orcs.

The counsellor starts to observe the two bodies and go discuss with the captain. The captain then makes a sign with the hand to both Marcus and Solomon. You approach and the captain whisper to you."Guys I am counting on you to figure out what happened without alerting the rest of the population, the counsellor don't want us to frightenen the population. I know we don't like to lie to the population but that will ease the investigation, hope you understand?"

Gnarll sleeping near Telic ask him "You come with me, I will make a report of what I saw at the clearing and about the technique used by the sniper on us."

Dai, still on an adrenaline rush from the fight makes the trip a bit faster than expected, You see the village ahead of you. You should be there in less than 30 minutes

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

Solomon bows politely to the mayor and counselor, thankful that he was able to clean up before seeing them. He salutes the captain. When given his assignment, he says to Marcus. "We should get started tracking right away. The trail grows colder by the hour." Solomon figures to go directly to the field, and trace any bloodmarks remaining. Presumably this will lead to where the woman was hiding.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
"Very well", Marcus says to Solomon. "Lets go to the field and get started."

Marcus heads to the door, then pauses and grins.

"It's good to have you back Solomon."

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
"Very well", Marcus says to Solomon. "Lets go to the field and get started."

Marcus heads to the door, then pauses and grins.

"It's good to have you back Solomon."
OCC: Good to have you back Cannibal_Kender :)

You both head out towards the fields behind the city center, you follow the blood track that starts at the other end of the fields. You go back to where he received the first arrow. A quick glance reveals nothing of interests around the first blood track. The grass in this field is about 3 feet tall and the forest is about 100 feet from there. The sun is quickly rising above the village.

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

Solomon examines the traces of blood and tracks carefully as they walk, pausing to tell Marcus of the trail of humanoids he encountered earlier, and the evident destruction they caused at the woodcutters camp. He'll take out the knife and cooking equipment he picked up along the trail. "Have you any idea what sort of creatures these might be? It occurs to me that we should warn other outlying camps in that area, if there are any. And perhaps we should take a force out there to investigate the remains of the woodcutter's camp. Or perhaps the two of us are up to it."

OOC: Who was Gror again?

Remove ads