D&D 5E The Youngest Grognard?

GreyLord

Legend
It does make me wonder if, when nobody is left alive who remembers OD&D and 1e, people will still try to invoke seniority as some kind of credential/authority in forum debates.

"I was there when 6e came out, so my opinion about florentine style is more valid than yours..."

:confused:

Not sure I understand your statement. I think I'm still alive (not undead...pretty sure at least) and I not just remember, I actually still have my original copies.

Most of the original copies are in storage (my own nostalgia purposes) and I use newer copies these days, but I think there's enough still left alive that the people from OD&D are not going to die off for at least a few decades.

I mean, OD&D was only 40 years ago (slightly longer). Those who were 30 at the time are in their 70s now and with people living to 90s or older, that could be another 20 years for them. For those of use who were somewhat younger (twenties and teens) you can add another 10-20 years on top of that (except for me, I intend to live forever...:lol:). Rob Kuntz is only 63 (I think) for example...and he (we hope) could live for at least another 20-40 years!!! That's before you even hit the really young kids at the time.

When you factor in AD&D (if that's in the degree you are thinking) then it's only been 40 years for that (shorter than OD&D obviously) and around 35 years from when it was at it's height. For kids that got into that when they were...let's say...12 years of age...they'd only be around 46-48 right now...they probably don't think they are going to die for another several decades at least. If they have one that lives to be 100...that means it could be another 50 years before the group of original OD&D and AD&D gamers both die out!!!!

As for me...as I said...once again...

https://youtu.be/uHSX9e1TadA?t=60

Last edited:

Remove ads