• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things that are better with bacon

Voadam

Legend
Mmmm bacon

Migratory mature canadian goose is really tough from the muscles developing over thousands of miles of flight. However wrapped in bacon it is quite tasty IME.

I use bacon grease when I make corn bread and it adds a nice touch. Unfortunately I no longer have the recipe and haven't made it in years.

A half pound of bacon is just fine on its own. Unless you cook it too long and it turns crispy losing its fine rubbery snap.

Pasta Carbonara:

1/2 pound pasta cooked.

2 eggs beaten.

1/2 pound chopped bacon cooked.

Drain pasta and pour eggs on top, the eggs will cook on the hot pasta in the pan. Add salt and pepper. Add in bacon and some of the bacon grease. Stir and serve.

Frozen green peas can be added as well.

Quite tasty.

Wyn A'rienh said:
Pizza with bacon and pineapple is divine.

A couple of weeks ago, we ordered pizza. I wanted canadian bacon and pineapple, but the guy apparently misunderstood and I ended up with bacon and pineapple.

It wasn't very good the night we ordered pizza (it wasn't bad either, just not what I had expected), but the next morning it made one hell of a delicious breakfast.

kenobi65

First Post
A restaurant near my house used to offer "Meat Lover's Biscuits and Gravy."

Now, esp. for those of you not from the U.S., "biscuits and gravy" is a traditional Southern breakfast dish, consisting of biscuits covered with gravy -- typically "sawmill gravy", which is a thick white gravy, made using sausage fat, and often has chunks of breakfast sausage in it. So, this isn't a heart-healthy breakfast, to start with.

The "Meat Lover's Biscuits and Gravy" started with a dish of biscuits and gravy, then topped all of that with crumbled bacon and more sliced-up breakfast sausage. I believe it took three entire pigs to provide the meat content of this dish. ;) But, mmmm, good.

Oh, and I agree with megamania -- bacon goes great in a grilled-cheese sandwich!

reveal

Adventurer
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
The "Meat Lover's Biscuits and Gravy"
Good lord. My cholesterol increased just reading that post.

(And yes, I'm sure it's awesome. Buiscuits and gravy are terrific, but I really shouldn't eat them. :( )

Warrior Poet

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
It was FOUR bacons (replaced the pepperoni, ham, and italian sausage and kept the bacon).
There were two pizzas - one with the meat lovers non-bacon meats replaced by bacon, and then a second that was the actual infamous triple bacon bacon bacon.

cuteasaurus

First Post
I don't know what you're talking about then, because everyone here agrees that the "infamous" pizza had 4 bacons.

Edit: (And by everyone, I mean Fr. Dave, Chris, and myself)

Remove ads