• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thinking About Running A 4e Solo Game

Is_907

First Post
So, I should bump this to be nice to Kaodi... but I shouldn't bump it so less people see it and my chances of being picked for the game increase... ;)

Kaodi

Hero
Only two days left, folks! I will be making my decision after midnight on the 10th, so if you were thinking about applying you have to be in by tomorrow at 11:59 PM to be safe.

I would really like to see some other concepts for characters. I would have thought that there would be more enthusiasm for the prospect of a game that fits your character rather than having to make a character to fit the game, but maybe that is more my own preference than others.

WarlockLord

First Post
Can I get in?

Chameleon
Doppleganger Fey Pact Warlock

History:
Chameleon (birth name Iago) was born in a small village to human parents whose real offspring had been kidnapped by wicked fae (presumably, the shadar-kai). He looked weird and was shunned by everyone in the village. Children laughed and him and called him "Fish." Adults looked at him like he was slime. His "parents" got drunk and beat him.

When Chameleon was 5, his shapeshifting ability made itself known. The townfolk decided to do the "smart" thing - BURN THE WITCH!!! As his house burned down, with his parents inside, the young doppleganger hit the road.

He ended up as one of many urchins in a big city. However, with his shapeshifting and bizarre mind powers he was growing, he was able to get much more money than anyone else.

However, one day he grew too bold and burglarized a nobleman's house. He got caught, but, the nobleman, a kindly old man named Amad, had been an adventurer in his day and had known a friend with a similar tale. He raised the boy as his own and gave him the affectionate nickname "Chameleon."

Now Chameleon has taken a job as a mercenary warlock, on Amad's urging ("Adventuring builds character"). He is still scarred from his early childhood, but balances this against the kindness Amad has shown him. He does not speak often, but observes quietly, so as to seize any advantage he can. Despite this, he has an imposing presence.

Appearance:
He's a doppleganger. Gray hair, white skin, etc. He shapeshifts as needed and sometimes assumes the visage of the enemy to unerve them.

Kaodi

Hero
I think I am going to go with Rayex and Freedom. Thanks to those that made submissions.

Rayex --> I guess if you want to get your character sheet up in the next couple of days, and if you want to expand any on Freedom's background and the Skeid region in general, then afterwards I will put together an opening and the then the evi-, uh, I mean " fun " can begin. :D

Rayex

First Post
Great, I cant wait! I'm a little tight on time today and tomorrow, but will sit down and work more stuff out saturday evening (european time)!

Rayex

First Post
I am SO SO sorry for the delay. I've had a few days really stuffed with things going on.

Here's the number crunch though.

[sblock=Freedom]

Freedom
Female Tiefling Warlock (Infernal Pact)
Alignment: Unaligned
Deity: -
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 112 lb.
Hair: White
Eyes: Black
Skin: Dark brown
XP:

Str: 9 (-1)
Con: 16 (+3)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Hit Points: 28 Bloodied: 14
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9
Initiative: +2
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1

AC 12 Fortitude 13 Reflex 13 Will 14
Restists Fire 5

Dagger: +2 Damage: 1d4-1
Warlock's Curse: +1d6

Powers:

At-Will Powers:
Eldritch Blast (Standard Action, Ranged 10, One creature)
Attack: +3 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10+3

Hellish Rebuke (Standard Action, Ranged 10, One Creature)
Attack: +3 vs Reflex
Hit: 1d6+3 fire damage. If you take damage before end of next turn, the targets take an extra 1d6+3 fire damage.

Encounter Powers:
Infernal Wrath (Racial, Minor Action, Personal)
Effect: Gain +1 power bonus on next attack roll vs an enemy that hit you since last turn. If attack hits, add charisma modifier as extra damage.

Vampiric Embrace (Standard Action, Ranged 5, One Creature)
Attack: +3 vs Will
Hit: 2d8+3 necrotic damage, and gain 7 temporary hit points.

Daily Powers:

Flames of Phlegethos (Standard Action, Ranged 10, One Creature)
Attack: +3 vs Reflex
Hit: 3d10+3 fire damage
Effect: Target takes 5 ongoing fire damage (Save ends)

Skills:
Arcana: 7
Bluff: 10
Intimidate: 8
Streetwise: 8

Languages:
Common
Deep Speech

Feats:
Improved Dark One's Blessing: Gain additional 3 HP with Dark One's Blessing

Class Features:
Eldritch Pact: Infernal
Dark One's Blessing: When an enemy under your curse is reduced to 0 HP, upi gain temporary hit points equal to your level.
Prime Shot: If no allies are closer to target than you, gain +1 attack on ranged attacks vs that target.
Shadow Walk: On your turn, if you moved atleast 3 squares away from where you started your turn, you gain concealment until end of your next turn.
Warlock's Curse: Once per turn as minor action you can place a curse on the closest enemy you can see. Once per round you deal extra damage to a cursed target

Racial abilities:
Bloodhunt: +1 attack vs bloodied foes
Fire Resistance: 5 + 1/2 level fire resistance

Proficiencies
Cloth & Leather armor
Simple Melee and Ranged
Implements: Rods and Wands

Equipment:
Leather armor
Scythe

Adventurer's kit (minus sunrods)
Torch x2
Candle x3

Money:
10gp 25sp 37cp

[/sblock]

Then some questions..

Gear: I can't see her having adventuring gear, due to the nature of how she ran away. However, if the game starts "some time later" I guess she could have been able to aquire some.

Skeid stuff: I can't imagine why she would go back to the place - not yet anyway - so not sure how much fleshing out of the area I think is needed. Might be needed later on, if/when she decides to go back.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I am somewhat busy myself today. I will think more on this tomorrow afternoon, because I have something very important to do tomorrow morning.

I do have an idea of one of the most important elements of the story, and a bit of an idea of what the start of the game is going to look like, though I am not sure about the specifics. It will be a bit of a challenge to design good ecounters for a single level 1 character I think, one that might require me building some custom monsters (of familiar types, probably) right off of the bat.

Hopefully we can start fairly soon, just not today.

Kaodi

Hero
Yours numbers looks all right. Though I have to wonder about how you would describe her if she weighs 160 lbs at only 5'7" with a Strength of 9.

I guess we can leave out Freedom's home town for now, if you want. The game will start a few villages away from there I think. For equipment, you could probably have gotten your hands on some leather at least, though if you want hide that is fine enough. Weapon wise, you could of found any simple weapons, which is fine, since that is all you are proficient in anything. Probably you would not be able to find much of anything with even a whiff of magic about it, so no implements or ritual books or anything like that. Nothing really " fancy " I guess.

Basically just use your best judgement. The priest probably had a little money on him or in a place you knew about, so whatever you think would be reasonable and thematic for a girl on the run, not staying too long in any one place, is probably going to be fine.

Kaodi

Hero
I have just seen the erratta for skill challenges. I think it is going to make this game a lot easier to run, hehehe...

Whenever you have you final character with equip ready to go, we can probably get started.

Remove ads