Thread preview

GentleGiant

Explorer
Don't know if it's because I'm on a new computer with a newer version of Firefox, but the thread previews when I hover the mouse over a thread is now only a single sentence, whereas before it used to be the whole first post or at least several sentences of the first post.
Is it something done to the forum or is it the new version of Firefox?

Borlon

First Post
I get a paragraph, but only for about 3 seconds. IE 6.0.2900. Windows XP home edition, up to date on patches.

I wish I knew how to make the preview last longer.

DanMcS

Explorer
They're using the "title" attribute on the <a> tag that contains the link, not some weird dynamic html popup or anything. What that means is that the amount of the title that gets displayed, and how long it shows up when your mouse is hovering over the anchor, is totally browser-dependant, and they don't have any control over it at all on the server side.

Edit: so, specifically, yes, if it's behaving differently for you, it's the different version of Firefox causing it.

Psionicist

Explorer
There's a Firefox extension to enhance the tooltip text (longer and line break support) but unfortunately I don't remember it's name at the moment.

GentleGiant

Explorer
IronWolf said:
I think it is this one.
I might have installed this (or something similar) on my old computer, can't remember to be honest, but thanks for the link!
Now I can browse the forums with much more info available on the various threads again :D

Remove ads