• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Thread topic most likely to be first to reach 10+ pages of argument

Thread topic most likely to be first to reach 10 pages or more of argument

• The Problem with Race in D&D

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • The Problem with Alignment in D&D

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Are [insert orcs or drow] evil?

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Grognards Don't Get It

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • TSR3 / Justin LaNasa

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Why [insert edition of D&D] is better/worse

Votes: 6 9.7%

Weiley31

Legend
:cool:Tongue-in-cheek...perhaps. But the thought crossed my head after reading some interesting takes on "clickbait" sites. When someone posts for advice on their campaign, there's a handful of helpful responses, but it doesn't generate the traffic that a well-targeted "D&D's most controversial artwork" (all from Palace of the Silver Princess) can. We've all got something to say about that. Or this:

View attachment 148507
Some may remember the days when that was the controversial topic...
Sorcerer PC: I mean, my robe got singed last week by that Dragon Hoard raid last week so, I doubt my life is harmless fun.

Weiley31

Legend
Something something Samurai Orcs, something something Indian Hobgoblins, something something floating +2/+1 or +2/+2 Mountain Dwarves Bladesinger is wrong bad fun or..........grognard beards.

Honestly, it's all starting to become a bit of white noise at this rate. What was the question again?

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
If you look at the life cycle of most long threads, the last portion of the thread (maybe 20% ish) is almost always a small handful of people or even just 2 engaged in a cycle of talking past one another, with perhaps the occasional person popping in to hopefully break the cycle and bring the thread back on topic. Eventually the thread dies as the last combatants exhaust themselves and walk away feeling like the victor.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
If you look at the life cycle of most long threads, the last portion of the thread (maybe 20% ish) is almost always a small handful of people or even just 2 engaged in a cycle of talking past one another, with perhaps the occasional person popping in to hopefully break the cycle and bring the thread back on topic. Eventually the thread dies as the last combatants exhaust themselves and walk away feeling like the victor.
Some clever app creator needs to figure out a way to do proper duels ending in virtual death on the internet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads