• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trick or Treat?

Nyaricus

First Post
Arnwyn said:
We had 18 kids, between 5:30 and 8:00. IIRC, it was a little more than last year. (Continually amazes me, as I live in a city - by definition, densely populated. OTOH, in my small hometown of barely 1000 people where my parents still live, they get between 50-100, between 5:00 and 9:30. Weird.)
Did you hear how St. Vital Center and... Grant Park (?) were giving out candy in all their stores? What with the crappy weather we were having here in Winnipeg on Hallowe'en, it's no wonder you didn't see anyone - My aunt is the manager of Build A Bear in St. Vital as said that about two thousand kids came with parents that night.

My grandmother saw no-one on Hallowe'en, to putit in perspective.

cheers,
--N

Arnwyn

First Post
Nyaricus said:
Did you hear how St. Vital Center and... Grant Park (?) were giving out candy in all their stores? What with the crappy weather we were having here in Winnipeg on Hallowe'en, it's no wonder you didn't see anyone - My aunt is the manager of Build A Bear in St. Vital as said that about two thousand kids came with parents that night.
I have heard that before, and you know - I'm thinking that's what it is. Someone brought that up a year ago (that the malls have been giving out candy for years), and with you noting it now, that really sounds like that's the reason why the city has fewer door-to-doorers (!) than my small home town.

Makes sense.

Mycanid

First Post
Aurora said:
Speaking of small and cute....meet mini Aurora dressed up as Tink......I swear she looks more like me everyday. (The wall puts a funny orange cast on the top of her head. Her hair is blonde)
Halloweencollage.jpg

Awww ..... :D What a cutie!

Well. I have not had a trick or treater visit me in the 18 years I have been here. (Not surprising, as I am two miles up a mountain from the nearest town ... as I wrote in another thread ;).) For me the nights are invariably quiet.

Althoughnow that I think of it once a car drove by in the middle of the night on the dirt road full of young men screaming out that I was a dead man and that they were all coming to get me, etc. That was about twelve years ago and kinda freaked me out at the time. But nothing else while I've been here. :)

Mycanid

First Post
Nyaricus said:

My grandmother saw no-one on Hallowe'en, to putit in perspective.

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus - WHAT in the world is your avatar now??? Is that Kermit the frog wielding a light saber????

Nyaricus

First Post
Arnwyn said:
I have heard that before, and you know - I'm thinking that's what it is. Someone brought that up a year ago (that the malls have been giving out candy for years), and with you noting it now, that really sounds like that's the reason why the city has fewer door-to-doorers (!) than my small home town.

Makes sense.
Yeah. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

And Mycanid, my avatar is definitly a Pirate Yoda - Yarr!! :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads