TSR TSR3.5 Voluntarily Dismisses Lawsuit

A lawsuit filed by TSR3 against D&D owners Wizards of the Coast a few days ago was voluntarily dismissed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 3.17.46 PM.png

Dismissal without prejudice means that the suit can be filed again. The suit lasted two days from the 7th to the 9th of December. The IndieGoGo fundraiser to fund it is still running.

At first glance, the below document is dated 21st October so it’s reasonable to assume that it is not related to the recent filing; however, apparently that date is incorrect. The correct date is in the footer, and this is indeed the dismissal of the recent filing and can be found on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).

A92E7177-BFFA-4789-96A8-8A051E49BA46.jpeg

Last edited:

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
A lawsuit filed by TSR3 against D&D owners Wizards of the Coast a few days ago was voluntarily dismissed.

View attachment 148181

Dismissal without prejudice means that the suit can be filed again. The suit lasted two days from the 7th to the 9th of December. The IndieGoGo fundraiser to fund it is still running.

At first glance, the below document is dated 21st October so it’s reasonable to assume that it is not related to the recent filing; however, apparently that date is incorrect. The correct date is in the footer, and this is indeed the dismissal of the recent filing and can be found on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).

View attachment 148176
More like TSR 3.5's lawyer wised up and realized his law license is worth a helluva lot more than whatever he stood to gain from this lawsuit.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
It's fraud and mismanagement all the way down with Luke Gygax trying to do damage, but even he's exasperated at the crowd his brother has gotten involved with.

Did you mean damage control? Because Luke's hands are clean in all of this, AFAIK. Especially this nuT$R stuff. He has very publicly disassociated with Ernie, LaNasa, and nuT$R up to and including un-inviting them to GaryCon.

...s and g are 2 spaces apart on the keyboard. ...

This is the dude's NAME he's misspelling. No Typo in "Justin", but Lanasa gets 3? Pffft.

The only thing I can't figure out is why he went for such poorly disguised names and didn't just come up with entirely different names. Guys a gamer, right? He should be able to come up with names.
I really don't want to, and am not, defending the guy. I should have initially said "hand writing" and not just writing. 'n' and 'v's are very easy to misread when written with sloppy cursive.

Regardless, it seems all/we you know are the names recorded by the county. There are many reasons, including stupidity and incompetency that explain the case as well intentional deceit. It's not useful to rush to judgement on this issue, especially when their are so many other useful and informed aspects for us to discuss :)

Sir Brennen

Legend
Regardless, it seems all/we you know are the names recorded by the county. There are many reasons, including stupidity and incompetency that explain the case as well intentional deceit. It's not useful to rush to judgement on this issue, especially when their are so many other useful and informed aspects for us to discuss :)
If Justin actually meant to write his own name down multiple times with multiple donations, that's also violating campaign laws. So the typos theory does nothing to exonerate him.

I believe LaNasa's personal history (pattern of behavior) also make intentional deceit more likely. Though I grant, stupidity and incompetence are not far behind, also based on previous history. EDIT: actually, this is really an example of all three.

This is a case of when you hear hoofbeats (or see hoofprints for this instance), think horses, not zebras. Occam's shaving utensil and all that.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
They've had nearly a decade to build a memorial from the Gygax Memorial Fund (to which my wife and I contributed at Gary Con more than once) and there's still NOTHING.

It's fraud and mismanagement all the way down with Luke Gygax trying to do damage control, but even he's exasperated at the crowd his brother has gotten involved with.

edit: added an omitted word that massively changed the meaning of a sentence.
I saw your later comment and noticed the change. I’m just noting, with some vehemence, that Luke Gygax isn’t involved in either, as far as I know.

If he had been they’d probably be fairly cool and already a success by now. In fact I think he’s done far more good on both fronts with GaryCon.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I saw your later comment and noticed the change. I’m just noting, with some vehemence, that Luke Gygax isn’t involved in either, as far as I know.

If he had been they’d probably be fairly cool and already a success by now. In fact I think he’s done far more good on both fronts with GaryCon.

Agreed. Luke's been doing of good job of honoring the history of D&D while also being welcoming, kind and generous. I also know that because of his job (he's a Lt. Col. with the U.S. Army), he has to watch what he posts on social media. He's good people.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator

I want to stress this. Luke isn't involved with the Gygax Memorial Fund and actually neither are LaNasa or Ernie.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases