TSR NuTSR Declares Bankruptcy

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets. NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000. The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen...

65B1E080-EEE9-45DD-AC2C-C55BD9DB6104.jpeg

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets.

NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000.

The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen Dinehart registered the defunct TSR trademarks and launched the new venture with the involvement of Ernie Gygax, one of D&D co-creator Gary Gygax's sons. Over the following months, NuTSR generated controversy after controversy, attempted to sue D&D publishers Wizards of the Coast via a crowdfunding effort, and in March 2022 eventually found itself on the receiving end of a lawsuit from them.

tsr_bankruptcy.png

As a consequence of the bankruptcy petition the current lawsuit between WotC and NuTSR is on hold, postponed until March 2024. NuTSR's website is still active.

JLbankr2.JPG

Cordwainer Fish

Imp. Int. Scout Svc. (Dishon. Ret.)

Justin had his hearing... and having listened to the recording of the Zoom Call, I can confidently say it went about as well as can be expected.

The Trustee has requested that copies of it not be distributed on the Internet, essentially he does not want it to become a public spectacle or to have to deal with a rowdy mob, so in respect of that - I present the following summary:

The trustee is no fool, and asked some probing questions to which Justin did not have good answers for, and has been asked to supply further information, and may be deposed regarding some of the statements - this is likely because a number of his claims hinge on him having made verbal agreements, with himself - and having issued promissory notes from one business to the other, etc.

Justin certainly did not do himself any favours in the hearing - I'm not going to go into a lot of details as I am not interested in being his unofficial legal advisor - but one that Tom has already pointed out is that he threw his lawyer under the bus, and then stated he'd gotten his advice on filing in the wrong court from YouTubers.

Truly, this does not project the image of a careful, well informed businessman genuinely doing the best he can.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads