TSR TSR3.5 Voluntarily Dismisses Lawsuit

A lawsuit filed by TSR3 against D&D owners Wizards of the Coast a few days ago was voluntarily dismissed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 3.17.46 PM.png

Dismissal without prejudice means that the suit can be filed again. The suit lasted two days from the 7th to the 9th of December. The IndieGoGo fundraiser to fund it is still running.

At first glance, the below document is dated 21st October so it’s reasonable to assume that it is not related to the recent filing; however, apparently that date is incorrect. The correct date is in the footer, and this is indeed the dismissal of the recent filing and can be found on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).

A92E7177-BFFA-4789-96A8-8A051E49BA46.jpeg

Last edited:

qstor

Adventurer
Right since the case is pretty much "cut and dry" there's no case and the attorney can't file a bogus suit

Ps I'm actually a lawyer IRL but I don't do IP work but its clear to people that know about TSR and WotC that circa 2000 WotC BOUGHT TSR, its assets and rights so LaNasa can't say "ta da" I'm suddenly TSR from 1982 Lake Geneva!!

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Right since the case is pretty much "cut and dry" there's no case and the attorney can't file a bogus suit

Ps I'm actually a lawyer IRL but I don't do IP work but its clear to people that know about TSR and WotC that circa 2000 WotC BOUGHT TSR, its assets and rights so LaNasa can't say "ta da" I'm suddenly TSR from 1982 Lake Geneva!!
1997, but ja. As of last year, WotC has published D&D longer than TSR did.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
That's quite a sobering thought, especially with the game currently enjoying a surge of popularity, rather than an abandoned and forgotten system.
I don't know that I'd consider the thought sobering... unless it's a realization about how much time has passed and how much closer I am to the grave by comparison.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Imagine how much work NuTSR will have to put in to roll everything back once they pry control back out of WOTCs soulless corporate woke grasp

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases