• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TTT- [SPOILERS] - A certain char's Death experience

Fyrie

Explorer
So... hmmmm... I need to see it a few more times, but one thing that struck me was how INTENTIONALLY human Haldir's death experience was.

Your thoughts?

Turin Turambar

First Post
I was very upset that Haldir died as well... upset that Elves showed up in Helm's Deep even!

Elves are immortal, but they can still die... either by violence or grief.

I liked it. Haldir is probably thousands of years old. He probably felt that shocked and surprised when stabbed. He was dead at the hand of mere orcs.

Watching him die I also felt sadness. You were watching such and old and wise being die in battle. It made you realize why elves feel it is such a tragedy when another elf dies.

Fyrie said:
So... hmmmm... I need to see it a few more times, but one thing that struck me was how INTENTIONALLY human Haldir's death experience was.

Your thoughts?

Eosin the Red

First Post
I will join the good Doc. I thought his death experience had great weight and managed to convey the sorrow of the loss of a single elven life.

Interesting how we can get exactly the opposite experience out of the same scene?

Tamshan

First Post
Adding a bunch of Wood Elves from Lorien to the battle of Helm's Deep (it's not like they would rather stay and defend Lorien) was even more ridiculous and pointless than having Faramir bring Frodo and Sam to Gondor, or the merging of Eomer and Erkenbrand.

While watching the TT I sometimes wondered if Jacksson hasn't watched Raph Bakshi's cartoon version from 1979 one time too many.

If it wasn't for Ents or Gollum this movie would be a total pukefeast. Sad when effects must rescue a bad movie adaption.

Eben

First Post
Aren't there supposed to be battles in the north as well? I was kinda hoping to see some of these. Thats why the great exodus from Rivendell struck me as a bit odd. Maybe they'll skip this in the movies and have a rerun of the battle of the five armies, but this time before the gates of Minas Tirith.

Assenpfeffer

First Post
Tamshan said:
Adding a bunch of Wood Elves from Lorien to the battle of Helm's Deep (it's not like they would rather stay and defend Lorien) was even more ridiculous and pointless than having Faramir bring Frodo and Sam to Gondor, or the merging of Eomer and Erkenbrand.

While watching the TT I sometimes wondered if Jacksson hasn't watched Raph Bakshi's cartoon version from 1979 one time too many.

If it wasn't for Ents or Gollum this movie would be a total pukefeast. Sad when effects must rescue a bad movie adaption.

50 XP to the first person to guess which regular board member is trolling here!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads