Two Weapon Wackiness.

AstroGnome

First Post
SpikeyFreak said:
If you have Excel, go to www.geocities.com/babcalc/index.html and you can download my sheet that will help you to determine if all that stuff is really worth it.

The guy you posted with a +1 dire flail will average 15.75 damage vs AC 20 when he is doing a full attack action with both ends.

With the same weapon, just attacking with one end and using it 2 handed vs AC 20 will get him 16.3 damage per round.

The lower the AC though, the better it is for the guy to use both ends.

--Advert Spikey

PS Right now masterwork isn't working. I need a few minutes to get it working.

Spikey Freak

Could you post a version without password protection? I would like to play with excels 'goal seek' feature, but i am unable to select all cells.

/AG

SpikeyFreak

First Post
AstroGnome said:

Spikey Freak

Could you post a version without password protection? I would like to play with excels 'goal seek' feature, but i am unable to select all cells.

/AG

What are you trying to do?

I could send you one with the cells you want unprotected (I'm assuming it's the final damage cell that you want slectable so you can maxamize power attack?).

I'm reluctant to unprotect the whole thing because of the amount of time I put into parts of it, and I don't want people just stealing my work. The part which shows how much damage you are doing in text (ie 1d6+2d8+4) took something on the order of 16 hours to do and get it working right.

I guess I'm a greedy b******.

--Evil Spikey

Demogorge

First Post
[OT] Spikey again

That calculator is great but if a put in a 20 str and go 1W-2H it says I get attacks at +11, +8. Looks like it's adding 1.5 str to the successive attacks. Is it just me?

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Re: [OT] Spikey again

Demogorge said:
That calculator is great but if a put in a 20 str and go 1W-2H it says I get attacks at +11, +8. Looks like it's adding 1.5 str to the successive attacks. Is it just me?

Gah, you're right. There were so many bugs in it after I changed some of the logic it's just pathetic. Hang on and I'll fix it.

Okay, it should work right now.

--Frustrated Spikey

Xeovke

First Post
Astrognome, if you are interested, I have a excel worksheet that calculates the optimal power attack and the associated dmg for AC from 10 to 50, so if you are interested (or anybody else), I attached it to this post, along with a little text that explains how it works.
Xeovke

AstroGnome

First Post
To SpikeyFreak:

Yes, its the max avg. dam i want to optimize, so i dont need the whole sheet unprotectede :D
If you could post a version with I:34 unprotected i would be grateful.

To Xeovke:

Thanx, Ill have a look into it tonight :)

BlindKobold

First Post
Xarlen said:
So a double weapon has to be enchanted with an equiv of +2 just to get a +1 to either head?

Nope... one head of the double weapon is enchanted as a +1 weapon and the other head is enchanted as a +1 weapon. Each "head" is considered a seperated weapon for enchantments. So theoretically, this surpasses the +10 limit for a weapon... because it's a DOUBLE weapon.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
AstroGnome said:
To SpikeyFreak:

Yes, its the max avg. dam i want to optimize, so i dont need the whole sheet unprotectede :D
If you could post a version with I:34 unprotected i would be grateful.

To Xeovke:

Thanx, Ill have a look into it tonight :)

The one that's there now has the final damage unprotected.

I just wish I could figure out the formula for calculating the best power attack without using macros.

Xeovke - that sheet is cool.

--Excel-lent Spikey

Remove ads