Ukraine invasion

Do you really see no difference in calling someone an idiot vs making a graphical sexual reference? There are a lot of phrases 12 years know that aren't allowed on this site. That seems a weak argument to make to defend the usage of it.
the satellites are shaped like balls, I'd just complain that the pun is terrible.

darkwillow

Explorer
Seriously, with the word choice? Can we not, please?

*Edit I don't know why you think it's funny. This is a site that doesn't allow swear words, and you think you're being clever by making a graphical sexual reference?
I think its hilarious you would think anyone under 40 years old is using this ancient forum and reading the Ukraine invasion thread, and that they would be offended by a satellite ball. Unless you protecting the queen, in which case I apologize your majesty ;)

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I think its hilarious you would think anyone under 40 years old is using this ancient forum and reading the Ukraine invasion thread, and that they would be offended by a satellite ball. Unless you protecting the queen, in which case I apologize your majesty ;)
The point is that there is a very long-standing "keep it clean" rule here, what mods refer to as "grandma friendly." It's in the TOS. And some folks even like that about this forum.

* And I say this as someone who is exquisitely foul-mouthed in real-life.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
As someone under forty reading this thread... hi?
I mean, not overly offended by the terminology, but I'm also a lot more colourful in my language when I'm not on this site, because the moderators of the site requested that its users mind their language, and I respect that desire.

Sacrosanct

Legend
You just joined this site. Maybe if you read the ToS to this site, you'd know that the mods and admins and Morrus try to keep it pretty clean and not crude. I mean, if you just joined less than 2 weeks ago, I'd think the ToS you agreed to would be fresh in your memory. As @J.Quondam mentioned, this is not about little ol' me getting offended (I spent 6 years in the military, crude language isn't unknown to me), this is more about how we as posters agree to act by posting here. And as they also said, I think that's a positive feature of this board, to avoid such immature crudeness in discourse.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think its hilarious you would think anyone under 40 years old is using this ancient forum
You’re gonna be rolling in the floor with laughter then.

darkwillow

Explorer
You’re gonna be rolling in the floor with laughter then.

aww man, I'm so sorry to be the one to break it to you but google doesn't know anyones age or binary gender. This is the old codger forum for people with facebook, if you want 25-35 you got to go to reddit, if you want 18-25 instagram and you want younger its tiktok.

Remove ads