• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate Thunderbolts - IC

lissilambe

First Post
Kaiju

"Um, aren't superheroes supposed to know when bad guys need to be stopped?" Kaiju asked, looking confused. "Why do we need to have an excuse for being around? Isn't being devious exactly what led us...well you all into becoming crooks?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Professional

Kaiju said:
"Um, aren't superheroes supposed to know when bad guys need to be stopped?" Kaiju asked, looking confused. "Why do we need to have an excuse for being around? Isn't being devious exactly what led us...well you all into becoming crooks?"
"Actually, Kaiju, superheroes develop certain instincts about such things from months or even years of patrolling the same areas over an over again. This, in addition to studying certain tendencies among the criminal element, as well as other modifiers, can make it seem like the heroes are always around when the bad guys need dealt with," Professional explained. He thought a minute, "You say this warehouse were going to is similar to this one. We could have investigated that warehouse as a possible base, were turned away for somewhat suspicious reasons, and decided to patrol that area looking for anything else unusual."

"We could start that we don't reveal our sources and drop a contact number to the media to gather potential tips. Finally, we could just do as Kaiju suggested, be honest. We heard omsething suspicious was going on, investigated and with great luck stumbled upon a significant break-in," Professional offered.

Dayspire

Explorer
Citizen V listens to Fracture and Verdant.

"We leave shortly, Verdant." He says. "As for our plan - we have a limited drop zone. The Rat Pack will be dropping the aerial based defenses on the S.H.I.E.L.D. warehouse just before our attack. They have an inside mole, you see. At that point, we shall ambush the ambushers!" He turns to Fracture. "You are correct. This is a race against time, a race for public good will. You will soon see when this plan bears fruit."
lissilambe said:
Kaiju
Citizen V hears this and looks down in contemplation. He nods at the Professional's explanation.

"True, Professional. True. But also what Kaiju says has merit. And here - shown so quickly and obviously - is my reason for picking our golden-skinned friend." V steps forward and places a hand on Kaiju. He doesn't flinch. "Unlike most of us who knew in our hearts we were criminals, young Robert here has not. His crimes were accidental. His heart has remained honest. And with that comes a type of wisdom I have sadly left behind years ago." Citizen V pauses for a moment, looking at Kaiju. He then nods and walks back to his control center. His fingers press a sequence of keys, and it powers down with a low whine.

Fracture - [sblock]You hear something. Just the slightest bit of gravel shifting outside the warehouse. The others appear oblivious to it. You are about to say something when...[/sblock]"Let us depart. You may not know it, but our transportation has arrived."

Citizen V begins walking quickly to the entrance. His stride is that of a man on a mission. You follow him, weaving through the warehouse. "Though I have chosen this... shell of a place for our initial base for ulterior motives, I refuse to skimp elsewhere." Leaving through the front entrance, most of you stop in shock at what you see.

The front area of the warehouse is a small parking lot, faded yellow lines marking spots where cars once parked. Now filling most of that lot is some type of jet. There is no question that it was not here before. At some point during your discussion it must have landed, in perfect silence.

"Behold. The A42 Mark Three. It was originally nicknamed the Storm Chaser. Fitting for us, yes?"

It is about the size of a standard F-14, but wider and less aerodynamic. It's easy to think of it as a cross between a some kind of fighter jet and the space shuttle. It is burnished silver in color, with the stylized Thunderbolts sigil on the dorsal fin.* A hatch descends from the belly as you walk out, hitting the asphalt with a muted clank. This close, you can just barely detect a low hum coming from it.

"It's best feature is its almost utter silence. I doubt any of you heard it land! It came to me through a variety of paths, dummy corporations and such. I assure you, while it was quite expensive - it was also purchased in a most lawful manner."

*ooc: Despite what the picture shows!

Attachments

• Ajet.jpg
    Ajet.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 69

lissilambe

First Post
Kaiju

"Yes well, thanks a lot," The young man beamed at first, his dull brassy skin seeming almost to glow under the compliment. As he listened to the man continue though, he grew more uncomfortable at the praise, and began to get suspicious of what Zemo was saying.

Then he stepped outside and looked at the neatest airplane he'd ever seen, and the suspicion was swept from his mind. "Wow! That's the coolest!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Professional

Kaiju said:
"Wow! That's the coolest!"
"Yeah, what he said," the Profession commented. "Beats the heck out of driving in a van to your target . . . err, the place where you're needed."

"Do we have a pilot in the group?" Professional asked. "If not, I could work on it . . . ."

Gideon

First Post
Fracture(Deckard); 1 HP

Fracture smirked to himself as Citizen V continued to revel in the unveiling of his master plan.

How long did this guy work on this scheme? And if he is really that good, how did the good guys ever beat 'em?

Deckard was happy to have at least that little triump over the ex-Baron. Fracture hadn't been the one in control for a long time and this just wasn't sitting well with him.

"The jet got here somehow. But we should let the kid try flyin'." Deckard smiled over at the Professional as he punched a thumb towards Nuklo. "I'm sure he'd love it."

Fracture headed up into the waiting jet, eventually setting down in one of the passenger seats.

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Verdant

"Looks like this is the way to go. Better than walkin'."

Verdant climbed the entranceway of the plane, moving with an unnatural, and slightly unnerving fluidity.

-Chris

Dayspire

Explorer
The interior of the Storm Chaser is slightly different than what you would expect. It appears comfortable - with enough room for all of you and your gear. Interestingly, the interior has curved walls that don't match the aesthetic of the outside. Regardless, the control system appears to be fairly standard. You notice that from the inside, the cockpit window is totally transparent, allowing a view that is colored in blacks and reds. You surmise that in some way it is showing you the outside in infrared.

Citizen V begins a few pre-flight computations. His fingers move deftly over the controls, showing some level of experience.

"Professional. If you would, sit up here in second position. I'm sure that you'll pick up the flying controls rather quickly." The outside hum begins increasing in volume. A few lights on the console begin blinking rapidly. "We shall leave shortly. Please, everyone - have a seat."

ooc: Still there, Twister?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Professional

Citizen V said:
"Professional. If you would, sit up here in second position. I'm sure that you'll pick up the flying controls rather quickly."
"Very well," Professional replied with a slight sigh, "This interior seems somewhat odd . . . anything significant?"

The professional sat at the controls and began to look them over, remembering if he had watched anyone ever fly a similar vehicle. If not, he watched Citizen V work through preflight, memorizing everything.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Twister

He made his way towards the impressive looking aircraft. This all moving so fast. Some of these guys I'm not so sure about. They seem like they are die-hard villains or just crazy. Guess at this point I'm stuck with them. I only gotta stick around long enough to build a rep as a good guy. Yeah, then I'm out of here! Sure, that's the plan!

Twister smiled at the group, his showman smile of confidence. "C'mon guys! Let's go trash the bad guys and save the day!" His energy and enthusiasm were at their highest. "Kaiju, you with me?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads