[UPDATED] Sean K Reynolds just rehired by WotC

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
He's an opinionated bald man, why can't we slam him?

On a different tack: This is the thread *about* him joining the team, is it not? Wouldn't it be considered inappropriate to create a separate thread to talk about what this might mean? And if this IS the thread for talking about what his hiring might mean, how can we do that without discussing his opinions, past and present, which inherently will include some personal perspective on those opinions?

Henrix

Explorer
This must be good news.

Frankly I do think the D&D team needs help, and SKR has done a lot of good things.

Not that the current crew isn't doing good things, but it seems to me that they are stumbling around a bit, and need to do more to keep customers happy.

Astrosicebear

First Post
Why is no one addressing the elephant sitting in the corner?

SKR is a great guy and excellent author and designer... but....

in order to make it easier for WotC and licensors to make stuff."

Licensors??? Looks like the basic game will be OGL folks while if you want the whole kit and kaboodle, you gotta PAY UP!

delericho

Legend
Licensors??? Looks like the basic game will be OGL folks while if you want the whole kit and kaboodle, you gotta PAY UP!

More importantly, a 'licensor' would be someone who grants a license. So, who are WotC going to licensing from?

:)

(And yes, I know he meant 'licensee'. Hence the smiley.)

delericho

Legend
On topic: Glad to see WotC hiring back someone with obvious experience in the field. Hope things work out for both them and SKR.

Wicht

Hero
I figure Sean will do well there.

Isn't it sorta funny though how the wheel turns. I wonder how many other former Paizo employees are going to find employment with WotC. ;)

Astrosicebear

First Post
More importantly, a 'licensor' would be someone who grants a license. So, who are WotC going to licensing from?

:)

(And yes, I know he meant 'licensee'. Hence the smiley.)

I figured as well, but now that Im thinking about it, it had to be a mistake. WOTC wouldnt license whole IP's out to say Kobold... and even if they did they would still be licensee now licensor. The only way would be WOTC outsourcing say FR to say Green Ronin, who BUYS FR as the sole Licensor... who then can publish material for it while paying a royalty to WOTC in perpetuity. Not sure how that makes sense for them to do...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases