D&D 5E Version 5.25 -- what do you change?

clearstream

(He, Him)
Making concentration an Int save instead of Con would do a lot all on its own.
They might have made it Con to avoid Wizards being single-stat characters. With concentration on Int all Wizards will have great saves on it. I'm not sure I mind that, but I wondered if you had considered it and if so where do Wizards land? That's my main hesitation.

dave2008

Legend
Max age is still closer or further away depending on starting age though. But yeah. Thats what i did too. In editions that account for it. Does 5e really not have death by old age? Thats so weird.
Each race is given a typical lifespan range in their description. It is common knowledge that you die at the end of your lifespan, you don't need rules for that. Now, 5e doesn't have rules for aging, if that is what your asking.

Coroc

Hero
You die, it is common sense you don't need rules for that.
Well common sense does not always apply to RAW in D&D. You would rule it like that, I would rule it like that, but what is the natural limit for a char struck with to many years? is it he actually dies at 80 or 90?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
1. No racial stat bonus.
2. Change Expertise to a plain +2.
3. Beef up the Fighter, in both combat and social pillars.
4. Make all classes recover abilities on Short Rests.
5. Switch bows to Str. No reloading of crossbows, but enhanced damage.
6. Do @TheCosmicKid 's saving throws.
7. Speaking of saves, PCs get half their Proficiency Bonus in non-proficient saves. (Q.v. 3E where good saves were double bad.)

Like the ideas. We do things a bit differently, but close:

1. Every character gets a +1 ASI. You can get a second +1 ASI (even to the same score), but must accept a -1 to a specific score.
2. Expertise grants advantage.
3. The fighter is already good in combat, but I understand what you mean. Adding social stuff would be nice.
4. Also make a lot of abilities at-will. Some of the per rest requirements don't make sense really.
5. Attack rolls for bows are DEX, but STR modifies damage (only at normal range).
6. We grant more saves as characters level, one per tier so you will have 5 out of 6 by Tier 3.
7. Not really needed since characters can get most of the saves eventually.

to the OP:

I would add a mechanic to get more skills and other proficiencies with levels.

dave2008

Legend
Well common sense does not always apply to RAW in D&D. You would rule it like that, I would rule it like that, but what is the natural limit for a char struck with to many years? is it he actually dies at 80 or 90?
5e answer - up to the DM. Personally, I think that is the correct answer, but I understand other feel differently. I do realize they could provide guidance on this with codifying it, but they haven't yet.

Remove ads