• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Victorian Eberron (Recruiting Closed - looking for nonamazing)

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
Paladin 4 : One of the 'knights in shining armour'. Yes, they still exist, some orders disdaining the use of these new 'guns' as dishonourable, and keeping to the 'old school'. He would be from one souch order, a 'smite makes right' paladin who is quickly rising within his church, and has a good sense of moral judgement. (Eventually he may go into the Grayguard prc if allowed)

Just a note here; in 830 AS Eberron, guns are in no sense 'new'. Melee weapons are a bit more useful than they were in 19th-century earth because monsters with DR/slashing and DR/bludgeoning are still around (albeit not in large numbers), but gunpowder weapons have been common on the battlefield for five centuries, and personal firearms for four.

EvolutionKB

First Post
My initial idea still stands from the original thread. A paladin/rogue, obcessed with personal honor, and the honor of his many women...(hmm..would you allow the alternate paladins from the SRD? LG doesn't really fit my idea of his personality.) He would be a sort of spy for the Church, social, and sent to be the Church's face at important events. Would you allow a changling (with the rogue sub level from RoE)? It makes him a little more social and a little less trapfinder.

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
My initial idea still stands from the original thread. A paladin/rogue, obcessed with personal honor, and the honor of his many women...(hmm..would you allow the alternate paladins from the SRD? LG doesn't really fit my idea of his personality.) He would be a sort of spy for the Church, social, and sent to be the Church's face at important events. Would you allow a changling (with the rogue sub level from RoE)? It makes him a little more social and a little less trapfinder.

I'll allow the paladin of freedom, but how a paladin of freedom squares himself with working with a lawful good religous organization might take some doing.

As I said above, there's only going to be at most one spot for an 'oddball race' character (in this game, that's anything other than human or half-elf). I could see a changeling, maybe, but that depends on the proposals I get.

Also note that paladins get an extra two skill points/level in this game, and, although I initially forgot to include it in the mega-intro post, everyone gets one discretionary extra class skill.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Pally of Freedom...CG more my taste.

but how a paladin of freedom squares himself with working with a lawful good religous organization might take some doing.

Flamic sects exists of every Good and Neutral (with respect to Good and Evil) alignment.
Does that mean that there are CG sects of the Church? If so I could see him as I said, a sort of spy, so of emissiary of the Church. Changling would be my choice, if I could get the sub level, otherwise I think human would be a better choice. How do you feel about the human paragon class? I am just curious, still working out details.

I only have d20 modern core book, is there anyplace (similar to crystalkeep) that has feats and such?

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Flamic sects exists of every Good and Neutral (with respect to Good and Evil) alignment.

Does that mean that there are CG sects of the Church? If so I could see him as I said, a sort of spy, so of emissiary of the Church.

There are CG sects that follow the Silver Flame. They don't follow the heirarchy of the Orthodox Church of the Silver Flame; the Reformed Church of the Silver Flame is by far the largest of them (and the only one with any kind of formal organization beyond the national level). On the other hand, the Orthodox Church is, err, really big, and has orders that tend to some unconventional thinking without formally breaking with the Church (and as per the two-step rule of Eberron, a paladin of freedom could follow the Orthodox Church) and which just might not be formally approved by the Council of Cardinals (perhaps they were created by a Keeper of the Flame directly at some point in the past).

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, I missed the guns being Centuries old part, sry. OK, in that case he could still be from a church that disdains the use of gun, and has for centuries, valuing melee combat as courageous and honourable.

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
OK, I missed the guns being Centuries old part, sry.

I guess I never said so explicitly (until I updated the timeline this afternnon). I thought it was kind of implicit; if there are 19th-century firearms 'now', then at some point there were 15-th century firearms... and that point was a long time ago.

Jemal said:
OK, in that case he could still be from a church that disdains the use of gun, and has for centuries, valuing melee combat as courageous and honourable.

I'd suggest if an order disdain guns, it's more likely along the lines of an order dedicated to fighting some types of monsters that are difficult to hurt with guns (undead are the biggest one).

Necro_Kinder

First Post
drothgery said:
some types of monsters that are difficult to hurt with guns (undead are the biggest one).

Shotgun.

Also, would you allow me an item from the Arms and Equipment guide? The Gnomish Crossbow sight. Allows you to treat targets as two range increments closer. (if they're more than two away) I think it would fit with my sniping character. Also, you want only human PCs?

drothgery

First Post
Necro_Kinder said:
Also, would you allow me an item from the Arms and Equipment guide? The Gnomish Crossbow sight. Allows you to treat targets as two range increments closer. (if they're more than two away) I think it would fit with my sniping character. Also, you want only human PCs?

Or half-elf. And depending on the proposed characters, I might allow one excepiton, but no more than that.

As for a telescoping sight... okay, but note that it can't be mounted on a pistol or revolver; you'll need a rifle.

Jemal

Adventurer
drothgery said:
I guess I never said so explicitly (until I updated the timeline this afternnon). I thought it was kind of implicit; if there are 19th-century firearms 'now', then at some point there were 15-th century firearms... and that point was a long time ago.
Sorry, not a history buff.. Almost flunked it, in fact. Which confused everyone cuz I was an honour student in everything else. *L*

I'd suggest if an order disdain guns, it's more likely along the lines of an order dedicated to fighting some types of monsters that are difficult to hurt with guns (undead are the biggest one).
Hmm, I see, I see... I'm picturing a tall, charismatic and statuesque Knight in shining armour with a Warhammer and Large Shield, ready to take on anything evil or unnatural.

I'm liking this idea.. He heals, he hurts, he tanks, he leads.
I'd Probably go with a very good Charisma, Extra Turning, and some Divine Feats.
YEah, I think I'm gonna go with the paladin idea. I'll work up some more details and background.

How many submissions are you taking before you pick characters? Will there be a submission deadline, or are you just playing by ear?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads