• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock Feats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goumindong

First Post
Maybe I am missing something, but feats for warlocks seem to either A be nonexistent, or B require crazy non warlock stats

Stuff like Astral Fire requires Dex 13, and Dark Fury requires Wis 13.

I dont get it.

So if you start at 11 you can pick them up via retraining in the epic tier.

At least you aren't a wizard, the two best and nearly essential feats have rough prereqs.

Spell Focus... 13 cha
Arcane Reach ... 15 dex

hong

WotC's bitch
Feats in 4E are heavily powered down compared to 3E. This is considered by the designers to be a feature, not a bug. Your main source of effectiveness should be your class powers.

fba827

Adventurer
Also keep in mind that, as of now, we only have the one book for 4e , so choices are somewhat limited. As more PHBs (phb 2 scheduled for march) and arcane power source (scheduled for april), and what not are released, you'll have more feat options that are warlock-friendly.

(As opposed to 3.X, which you used as a comparison, they had more years worth of books put out, even 3.5 had 3.0 material to build off of right out of the gate since we got all the splat books fairly quickly right after 3.5's release)

theNater

First Post
Well, I can't help you become excited by these feats. But I do want to respond to a couple of things you've said.
Defensive Mobility: Warlocks have few close or melee powers, with this you are more likely to be able to afford to cast while adjacent to an enemy.

play better tactically?

Fast Runner: Every now and then it's time to flee.

Can you teach me your tactical style? The one that prevents you from becoming adjacent to enemies even when surprised or facing enemies that can teleport or shift long distances? The one that makes it so that you never have to make a strategic withdrawal, even when faced with great numbers of vastly superior foes?

That would be handy.
These seem to be boring, lame, and drag me out of character.

Sorry about dragging you out of character. My suggestions might be more helpful in that regard if I knew more about your character than:
Tiefling Warlock, fey pact.
Cha 18, con 14, int 16, wis 13, dex 10, str 8.
I'm sorry if I come across as snarky, but I'm feeling a little put upon because you started with "there's no feats", then, upon being shown one changed to "not enough feats", then, when shown several changed to "not enough feats that are in character". Having the bar repeatedly raised on me kind of gets my goat.

Edited for grammar.

Gloombunny

First Post
Sorry about dragging you out of character. My suggestions might be more helpful in that regard if I knew more about your character than:
Tiefling Warlock, fey pact.
Cha 18, con 14, int 16, wis 13, dex 10, str 8.
That should be plenty to tell that a bastard sword would be out of character. Not to mention a total joke mechanically.

DracoSuave

First Post
Let's examine a little remembered tactic from WAY back in the days of roleplay.

Many characters were designed around the concept of having a good AC and making attacks against them fall to the wayside...

But some characters developed the idea of DGH as even better than AC.

What is DGH? It's called 'Don't Get Hit.'

See, if you have really good DGH, your AC became superfluous and unnecessary. Mages exploited this by using the spell Stoneskin to negate what few hits came their way. DGH would win the game for them, when AC was a non-issue.

Warlocks have one of the few abilities to give themselves DGH in 4th edition, altho it gets renamed to 'Don't Get Targetted.'

DGT Warlocks favor Dexterity, not for the bonus to AC, but because of the bonus to Stealth. So long as you keep moving, you can remain Stealthed, enjoying the fact that a) Most enemies won't even realize you are there. n) won't target you if your existance is unknown, and c) Even if they -do- know you're there, you still have that +2 to your defenses from concealment.

Not to mention, the benefit this tactic gives to your -to hit-, because of the +2 you'll get from combat advantage -all the time.-

So compare... is the +1 to hit +1 damage from that extra point in Charisma comparable to the +2 to hit +3 damage from combat advantage and Astral Fire?

Yeah.

oldbone

First Post
Astral Fire and Hellfire blood don't stack their damage bonus on "Fire" powers...

If yer a tiefling, Hellfire blood is much better than astral fire... + to hit is king.

DracoSuave

First Post
Astral Fire and Hellfire blood don't stack their damage bonus on "Fire" powers...

If yer a tiefling, Hellfire blood is much better than astral fire... + to hit is king.

Altho, admittedly you can use the +1 attack and +3 damage from Astral Fire without problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads