Warriors Of The Coast OOC

drothgery

First Post
Well, it was a nice run. And I finally used someone like Khalia as a PC rather than (in a slightly older and higher-level form) as a major NPC, which was a lot of fun.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Not yet. My wife and I just bought our house, so I've been on a bit of a moratorium against buying game stuff. But I'll see if I can hit the game shop shortly to at least look through it and see if it might be good.

Thanx for the reminder!

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Not yet. My wife and I just bought our house, so I've been on a bit of a moratorium against buying game stuff.

Hmm... you just spent several hundred grand on a house. I can't think a $20 adventure is going to make a significant impact one way or another :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
drothgery said:
Hmm... you just spent several hundred grand on a house. I can't think a $20 adventure is going to make a significant impact one way or another :)
I'll have you email my wife and you can tell that to her yourself. :p

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
I'll have you email my wife and you can tell that to her yourself. :p

Somehow I don't think 'this 30-year-old perpetual bachelor on the west coast that I play D&D with on the internet thinks you're being a bit silly here' is going to be an effective argument with her. Just guessing :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Allrighty... I flipped through Eyes of the Lich Queen at the local Barnes & Noble... liked a bunch of what I saw... and placed an order for it on Amazon. So it should be arriving some time either late this week or early next week.

And as a result, I'm also up for restarting the campaign if any or all of you are interested in revving back up again. I've seen that Brogarn's been off-board since the 10th so he might end up being a no-go (but there's still plenty of time for him to jump back in)... but it seems like the other three of you are still interested in continuing. Am I right? Please let me know either yea or nea.

If it's a 'yea', here's what I'm thinking... the module starts at level 5. Now since Velmont's already advanced Jango to 5 with the addition of the Acolyte of the Skin prestige class... we need to get others up to 5 as well. So stonegod, drothgery, (and Brogarn if/when you come back)... go ahead and advance Ari and Khalia to 5th level however you wish. If either of you want to gain a prestige class, let me know which one you are thinking and if I think it applies to where your character is right now, I'll let you go into it even if certain requirements haven't been met (and Brogarn, this applies to one of the Daggerspell Guardian prestige classes for you as well).

Now obviously we're going to need more than just the few of you (especially if Brogarn doesn't come back). So while I get you guys all set up and advanced still on the Warriors of the Coast thread, in a day or so I'm going to open an Eyes of the Lich Queen recruitment thread. As I gather new players and once you guys have leveled your characters, I'll re-start the Warriors game thread and we'll start rping and moving you all in-game to the point where you get back together and we start up the module.

However, over in the EotLQ thread, I'll mention how it's a continuation of the WoTC game, and that we're looking for a couple new players to join the existing game. As a result, we'll only take character ideas that come from where you guys currently are located. So I'll only take people who have character concepts involving things like the Silver Flame crusade (clerics, paladins, mercenaries), are currently stationed with the Valenar elf that Skarghash is meeting (rogues, druids, mages, Daggerspell characters), or someone that might meet/work with Jango as he makes his way from Seawell up to the rest of the group (city Watchman, boat/sailor guy etc.) This way we continue and maintain the storyline we've got going.

Once I've gotten the Warriors game thread to the point where it needs to be, and I've got the extra players we're going to need, I'll create an Eyes of the Lich Queen rogue gallery and IC game thread, and all new posts will start from there. The Warriors thread is so large that it's getting to be a bit unwieldy, so starting a new game thread for "Chapter 2" is probably a good idea.

So let me know if any/all of you are in on this, and we will start getting the ball rolling! Thanx guys!

Last edited:

Remove ads