What 3.X/D20 Material Do You Use With Pathfinder?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Right now, I think that the rules from Heroes of Battle is almost the last remaining WotC rules supplement in frequent use, or at least the one that comes to mind.

Corsair, Book of the Sea, and the mass combat rules from Book of Strongholds & Dynasties are also in use.

Other than that...? Not sure.

What are you folks still using?

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

tylermalan

First Post
My group uses nothing from 3.X, but we also aren't so deep into Pathfinder that we use every book released for it. We still aren't using Ultimate Magic or Combat, for instance.

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
We haven't used any splat books for Pathfinder, but I've used modules from 3/3.5/d20, since I can take the main plot from them and tailor them to what I want them to be with little effort.

enrious

Funny you should mention Heroes of Battle, given that I prefer it for Kingmaker than the mass combat rules.

Any of the old monster books from 3.x - Creature Collections, Libris Mortus, Dread Codex, etc.

Book of the Righteous features prominently in my campaign world, although someday I'll get around to updating the Holy Warrior.

Basically anything I want to use from 3.x, I'll use.

That said, save for the magus, nothing from UM/UC is automatically allowed. Maybe after the 3rd round of errata.

Is_907

First Post
"What 3.X/D20 Material Do You Use With Pathfinder?"
Put simply? Only what we need. ;)

Seriously though, I'm playing a Dragonborn Cleric right now, so the DM and I have agreed to house rule in some stuff from Races of the Dragon and Complete Divine. Other than that, I don't think we've used any 3.5 material in this game... yet.

On the other side of the scale, we've only used Core Rulebook and Advanced Player's Guide from Pathfinder... again, so far.

enrious

Forgot to mention that for my upcoming Rokugan game, I'll be using bits from the Oriental Adventures book and Rokugan sourcebooks.

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
I forgot something, too. I had found this PDF from Adamant Entertainment called the Monster Modifier. It lets you roll a few dice and change the appearance, movement, size, and attacks (depending on what all you roll), to alter a monster so that it's not the "You see a 9-foot tall humanoid with green skin..." 'It' s a troll. Get out acid and fire.'

I also have a bunch of 3/3.5/d20 templates that I use for monsters for the same reasoning. It may LOOK like a giant centipede, but it's really a half-fiend silvertail infinipede. Which my players still talk about, even six months after the battle.

Remove ads