What are you reading in 2023?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Since Xmas I finished Philip K Dick’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Frederik Pohl’s Gateway. Both for the second time. Closing in on the end of Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance) and Trollslayer (Warhammer Fantasy).

Richards

Legend
I'm reading The Treatment by Mo Hayder. It's a mystery/thriller, apparently the second novel in a series about a British detective inspector named Jack Caffery. In this one, he's after a killer who kidnaps people in their own homes and stays with them for several days (while they're blindfolded and bound) before abducting (and then killing) their kid. This brings some bad memories to Jack, whose own brother disappeared when he was young and likely fell prey to a similar situation. So far it's been pretty good.

Johnathan

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Finishing Isaac Asimov presents the Golden Years of Science Fiction, a collection from 1945-46. Next will be either Hail Mary by Andy Weir, or To Sleep In A Sea Of Stars by Christopher Paolini.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Catching up on my several month-long backlog of Scientific American and Back Issue magazines.

Giving The Silmarillion another try.

Nellisir

Hero
I finished The Trouble With Peace and Rosewater a few days ago.
Reading BX Advanced Bestiary Vol.1 (and A Constant Rabbit, as mentioned above). I have quibbles with BXAB1 (my gods do I hate the dense stat block format...and I understand not reprinting the "base" stats, but...do it anyway), but it's still a strong 9/10.

2022 was a funny year for reading for me. I'd tear through a few books in a few days, then go into a slump and not read anything for 3-4 weeks. Except I read a lot of older D&D/RPG stuff. Oh, also reading like 6 Dungeon magazines, and some PoD stuff my GF got me (Amazing Engine setting books; Gothic Earth Guide to Transylvania).

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Finished Dragons of Autumn Twilight last night. That certainly was a book. Written by people. And published even. Boy. It certainly had words…

I don’t want to yuck others’ yum, but that was bad. It read like bad YA. I must not be the target audience, was too old when read it, and not at all buying in with the obvious one true religion stuff.

Remove ads