What are you reading this year 2020?

Nellisir

Hero
Oh, and he writes very, efficiently. No dozens of pages with descriptions and characters that aren't all that important. It's an amazing sparse series, really. I know it was party (mostly?) published as pieces originally, or something like that. But even then, very sparse.

That's common in many authors of the period. The complete 10-volume Books of Amber could be two books today.

Nellisir

Hero
I've lost track of what I've read. Currently reading the The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; have read the Sun-Wolf trilogy by Barbara Hambly (gods I love those books); and a few more Judge Dee books. And The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I've lost track of what I've read. Currently reading the The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; have read the Sun-Wolf trilogy by Barbara Hambly (gods I love those books); and a few more Judge Dee books. And The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander.
Oh, good reminder on the Judge Dee books. Will have to pick those up again. It's been 30+ years, read at least one in high school/early college.

Exegesis

Annihilation (far better than the movie. The movie is okay. The book is amazing.)

The rest of the books by the authors of either of the above

Sillamarillian (yeah...im dyslexic...i apologize in advance)

The sagas

Rigg veda

Dante's inferno

Paradise lost

Dragon riders of pern

The chronicles of prydain

Beowulf

The screw tape letters (amusing book in the format of stationary letter correspondance between two demons concerning a mortal one of them is assigned to if hell is a corporatocracy and they, the demons are employees of varying ranks in the corporate beuruecreatic hierarchy of hell)

Man im dyslexic...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Eric Larsen's new book The Splendid and the Vile.

Still reading Terry Pratchett's Making Money.

Finished Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings and now halfway through the next book Words of Radiance.

Still reading Pathfinder 2E Lost Omen's World Guide.

Remove ads