What are you reading this year 2020?

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I read Triton probably in early 80's as a teenager. Didn't really grok it. Maybe time for a re-read. Was it as disjointed as I remember?
Yeah, kinda. It's fairly couched in the 70's, and he has a calculus of metalogic thing going on, which I'm good with calculus, the metalogic thing sort of lost me, it's more of a language deal than math, and I'm sort of meh on language. Otherwise, it's interesting, solid sci-fi.

I really need to do more exploring of Delany's work. I have Babel-17 on my Kindle, but I've only read one of the Neveryon books so far. Unfortunately, I think that wasn't a great choice for an introduction, because I found it a little too talky.

Finished Leiber's Swords and Ice Magic. It was good, but not as good as prior installations. It was weirder, which I could appreciate, but the Piers Anthony-ish elements are definitely creeping in at this point in the series.

Now I'm onto Saberhagen's The Black Mountains.

Kaodi

Hero
I read an actual fiction book this month: Lisa Foiles' Ash Ridley and the Phoenix. Though we are not really the target audience Lisa is a huge dork like all of us and it is her first book.

Richards

Legend
I just started a novel by Jeffery Deaver - one of his earlier ones, actually - called The Lesson of Her Death. I was starting to get to the dregs of my pile of unread books and decided to order some Deaver novels I haven't read yet and the first two showed up in the mail today. I'll probably now be reading Deaver books through the end of June!

Johnathan

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Just about to start reading the first of the Elminster series. Read some of this series when they first came out and was thinking about the forgotten realms and felt like reading them again. Times like this I really love kindle.

Lem23

Adventurer
Almost finished Rebecca Roanhorse's Black Sun (out later this year) which is excellent, set in a meso-American style fantasy setting.

I just finished MR Carey's Book of Koli, which was ok but a little disappointing if I'm being honest. I'll pick up the second in the series when it's out, but it's not at the top of my must-read list. The "would of" / "could of" stylistic choice really rankles (and if you're going to use a linguistic style of a book set in post-apocalyptic West Yorkshire, put in some actual Yorkshire dialect or idiom and way of speaking, not something like that), but I felt the plot was a little meh at times too, and the ending really fizzled for me - it was more like a chapter ending than a book ending, even for a book in a series.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases