D&D (2024) What class/classes are you most looking forward to being updated/revised?

What classes are you most looking forward to being updated in the new PHB?

• Artificer

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Bard

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Druid

• Fighter

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Monk

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Paladin

• Ranger

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Warlock

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Wizard

Votes: 0 0.0%

A pretty simple poll, as the title suggests.
Up to 3 responses if you need them, feel free to leave your reasons why in the comments.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Kurotowa

Legend
I put down Monk, Warlock, and Fighter. Partly because the UA changes are very positive looking, and partly because I played all three and am keenly aware of their flaws. Maybe if I had played a Rogue or Barbarian I'd be more appreciative of the changes they got, and looking forward to Cunning Strike and Brutal Strike more. But I haven't, at least not in 5e, and so it doesn't hit as close to home for me personally.

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
Artificer, Monk and Sorcerer.

Artificer because while I love the class, the 5e iteration has disappointed me. So I'm hoping they'll get some love ... soon.

Monk because I think this one gets the "most improved" badge.

Sorcerer is my favourite class, and I'm generally happy with the improvements and QoL stuff.

Clint_L

Hero
I've been playing the newest iteration of the monk for awhile now. It's so much better - it plays like you always wanted monk to play. Hit level 10 recently and it is crazy fun.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Sorcerer is my favourite class, and I'm generally happy with the improvements and QoL stuff.
To me it is one step forward and three steps backwards with sorcerer. The QoL looks nice to have, but the loss of level 1 subclass, the changes to twin spell, and the refusal to revise dragon magic, storm magic and wild magic for bonus spells make it so that I'm not as enthusiastic about it.

The monk gets the award for the hottest glow up. However, I am most curious to see the final Ranger. They said it was an AB test so I want to see the combination. To be honest, I'm still not happy with the Ranger as presented, but that's because I think the class needs flat out more thematic content (either in spells or features) and they are too conservative to go all in on that.

I am also curious to see the upgraded Fighter. I think the Weapon Mastery features for the Fighter specifically are still a bit silly and overcomplicated. I expect a high level Fighter to be able to use several Masteries for the same weapon; if they can't, what's even the point of them having unique Weapon Mastery features in the first place?

Oh, and the Barbarian glow up was also amazing. They kept it simple but added some fun buttons to hit at higher levels. Still not comparable to the masterpiece that is the Laserllama Barbarian, but it's a good intro-to-Barbarian class that should be fun.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I put Artificer. Monk, and Ranger.

Artificer is great, but it would be even better given the a fairly mild rewrite in the style of the revisions we have seen.

Monk and Ranger as the classes I’ve had the most frustration playing as a result of loving the concepts but not the execution, and I love the UA changes.

If I thought they’d do anything interesting with Bard they’d top the list.

Warlock doesn’t make it simply because I don’t have much dissatisfaction playing them as is.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Warlock, hands-down. I'm also looking forward to Monk, Barbarian, and (if I were allowed to pick a fourth) Sorcerer. I'm a bit apprehensive that they won't actually fix what I consider wrong with Sorcerer, but who knows?

Warlock is by far the class I would first play, if I were drafted into a 5.5e game--and if I were brought into a game using 5.0 rules, I would absolutely ask (beg, if I have to) for permission to use the 5.5e Warlock instead.

Remove ads