D&D General What Classes Would You Add to D&D?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
But... This thread is "What Classes Would You Add to D&D?" So it existing in A5E doesn't change that I think they should be in D&D.
Ok. Level Up is more than D&D enough for me, but there are other schools of thought.

Serious question though: can you explain why you want WotC to make these things if Level Up already has them? I'm having a hard time with that idea, especially since you worked on the game that has the classes you want.

Xeviat

Hero
Ok. Level Up is more than D&D enough for me, but there are other schools of thought.

Serious question though: can you explain why you want WotC to make these things if Level Up already has them? I'm having a hard time with that idea, especially since you worked on the game that has the classes you want.
Because D&D has wider reach and more people would see it and play it? I have an easier time getting a D&D game going than a Level Up game going because my players aren't as plugged in as I am. I use Level Up monsters in my D&D games and lots of the adventuring rules, but getting them to learn differences just confuses them.

Scribe

Legend

Because right wrong or otherwise, when one says D&D, the massive majority think WotC.

I am open to third party, I bought Level Up, I would still prefer Wizards release stuff as it legitimize the Classes in the wider space.

Again, we may not like it, but in terms of mind share, it's WotC D&D and everything else is a fraction.

Micah Sweet

Because D&D has wider reach and more people would see it and play it? I have an easier time getting a D&D game going than a Level Up game going because my players aren't as plugged in as I am. I use Level Up monsters in my D&D games and lots of the adventuring rules, but getting them to learn differences just confuses them.
I'm very sorry to hear that, but I still think that WotC-simple new classes just aren't a realistic want. They have no good financial reason to make and support them with their business model.

Micah Sweet

Because right wrong or otherwise, when one says D&D, the massive majority think WotC.

I am open to third party, I bought Level Up, I would still prefer Wizards release stuff as it legitimize the Classes in the wider space.

Again, we may not like it, but in terms of mind share, it's WotC D&D and everything else is a fraction.
At this point I think I am beyond caring about WotC's "wider space".

Scribe

Legend
At this point I think I am beyond caring about WotC's "wider space".

I mean thats fine too, but then you are accepting that the game you think about and discuss, is increasingly irrelevant to the wider community.

The notion of that shared discussion point, is a feature for some of us, and if you give up on that, thats fine but 99% of the world of RPG's is in that 5e space.

Remove ads