What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t have typical breakfasts. Every morning, it’s “Chef’s Whim“ based on what I find in the kitchen.

Sometimes, it’s cold or hot cereal, which may be a stand-alone or served with something else, like fruit or some cheese.

Sometimes, it’s a sandwich.

Sometimes, it’s buttered toast and some fruit, or some variant in continental breakfast.

Sometimes, it’s full-on American breakfast, with eggs, some kind of salty meat, and some kind of sweetened bread.

Sometimes, it’s leftovers from last night’s dinner.

Sometimes, it’s a glass of bloody mary mix with tabasco, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. (With or without celery.)

But that’s if I eat breakfast at home. If I have to eat on the run, I might stop at a convenience store and get some frosted strawberry pop tarts and either an OJ or a bottle of Starbuck’s mocha Frappuccino. Or I might drive through a Taco Cabana, Jack in The Box, or Chick-Fil-A. Or I’ll hit the Local Diner (that’s its name). Or a bagel place for a shmear.

And every 2 weeks, I eat breakfast at a Vietnamese restaurant on my way to my haircut appointment. (No, I don’t order the same thing every time.)

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I tend to eat a roll of Tunnbröd.. Basically soft flat bread, about the size of an A4-paper. Butter it up on one side, put in some topping; for me that would be either salami or cheese (right now slices of Brie), and roll up.
Man, those are good! Here in your neighbour, we call them Rieska, they are usually round, but otherwise, as far as I know, are the same thing. Now I have to get some for this week’s breakfast 😂

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I do not like to wake up early enough to fix & eat something substantial. I do need some caffeine, but never learned to like coffee, so:
Glass of Pepsi / Coke / store-brand pop.

On Saturday: my wife goes through cookbooks and tries every recipe, looking for the good ones, to repeat later. I never ask what is coming so I can be surprised (usually pleasantly).

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
When I wake up early, I drink one coffee (moka or espresso) and, sometimes, eat a yogurt. On a week-end typically milk with cereals (corn flakes or muesli) and a coffee. If I'm feeling decadent, I might go the the bar for a cappuccino and cornetto. :)

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Week ends:
Hash browns, white onion, seasoned. when cooked, add slice of cheddar
eggs, 4 each scrambled with green onions, mushrooms, polish sausage or ham and cheddar cheese.

swim for 1 hour or so to work it off. My apartment complex has a pool!

Weekdays I eat 1 or 2 Monterey brand burritos with Tostito brand queso con salsa on top.

copious amounts of coffee daily with heavy whipping cream [MIL] Fresh roasted dot com brand, Dark Knight blend, whole bean, fresh ground.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I love reading all these! Thanks everyone for posting.

I forgot to mention that sometimes on weekends, I will treat my wife and I to Blueberry Pancakes, following a recipe I found online a million years ago. It makes the fluffiest pancakes, so I wanted to share the recipe with everyone! For our international folks, I've translated the wagon-train-era measurements into standard measurements. I used online conversion charts, so I have no idea if that's how it's usually listed! Note that it's called Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes, but my name is Kevin, not Todd.

Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
1 tablespoon (14 g) baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) sugar
1 egg
1 cup (240 mL) milk
A thick slice of butter, melted (around 1/2 - 1 tablespoons)
1/2 cup - 1 cup (around 200 mL?) blueberries, chocolate chips, walnuts, bananas, or other delicious ingredients

1. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk.
3. Stir the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the melted butter, and fold in the blueberries (or other ingredients).
5. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Scoop out about 1/4 cup (60 mL) of batter for each pancake; brown the batter on both sides.

Zardnaar

Legend
Current, roasted almonds and maple flavoured oatmeal topped with peaches and banana.

Mango and passion fruit yoghurt.
IMG_20210706_085616.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I love reading all these! Thanks everyone for posting.

I forgot to mention that sometimes on weekends, I will treat my wife and I to Blueberry Pancakes, following a recipe I found online a million years ago. It makes the fluffiest pancakes, so I wanted to share the recipe with everyone! For our international folks, I've translated the wagon-train-era measurements into standard measurements. I used online conversion charts, so I have no idea if that's how it's usually listed! Note that it's called Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes, but my name is Kevin, not Todd.

Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
1 tablespoon (14 g) baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) sugar
1 egg
1 cup (240 mL) milk
A thick slice of butter, melted (around 1/2 - 1 tablespoons)
1/2 cup - 1 cup (around 200 mL?) blueberries, chocolate chips, walnuts, bananas, or other delicious ingredients

1. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk.
3. Stir the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the melted butter, and fold in the blueberries (or other ingredients).
5. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Scoop out about 1/4 cup (60 mL) of batter for each pancake; brown the batter on both sides.
Join us!

Zardnaar

Legend
Join us!

Very similar to my recipe. Big difference is the amount of baking soda. 1tsp vs 1tbl spoon.

That how you get them fluffy?

Remove ads