WotC What is the last WotC adventure you played in or DM'd?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I had a pretty fun campaign rolling with Candlekeep Mysteries and a designed meta-plot, but half the players ended up too busy and the campaign fell apart right around Book of Cylinders (which was a bummer because it was going to be a pay-off to a running gag we had about how Candlekeep never runs out of crab meat)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I know it's not fashionable to speak highly of Wizards of the Coast right now, for any reason, ever, (and hey fair enough), but I'm gonna.

I really enjoyed the "Storm King's Thunder" adventure path. We played it back in 2017...or was it 2018?...and had a pretty good time. One of our players stepped up to be the DM for the first time ever, so it turned out to be a bit of an Introduction to Dungeon Mastery 101 for him and inspired him to begin work on his own D&D campaign setting.

And we've run a couple of adventures out of the "Tales of the Yawning Portal" whenever the opportunity arose. Those turned out to be a lot of fun also--we play on Roll20, and the marketplace purchase came with all of the maps and tokens and compendium stuff that we needed. We just dropped it into a new game, imported our characters from the Vault, and we were off to the races.

Inexcusable OGL revisions and dubious apologies aside, they write some fun adventures.

Jolly Ruby

Privateer
I really enjoyed reading Wild Beyond the Witchlight and would like to run it for one or both of my groups. Any advice?
I don't have an answer yet, but IMO, Wild Beyond the Witchlight wants to be a sandbox, without providing meaningful choices. [spoilers ahead]

Running it by the book, when you reach a domain you're pipelined in a road of three locations you can't really change the order, with some random encounters sprinkled in the inbetweens. Then you find one of the hags, deal with it through any means you want (it doesn't matter), and goes to the next domain. You do it thrice before heading to the palace.

What would I recommend? Ditch the advice the book gives of running everything in order, don't be afraid to provide information to the players, so they can travel the Feywild with objectives in mind, instead of being dragged from one encounter to another, and read some other fey books, so you have some foundation if/when choose to just wing it instead of following the book. Domains of Delight is a good source, and @Whizbang Dustyboots gave me some recommendations I didn't know (thank you Whizbang!)
I picked up several other fey books to flesh it out. Fey Encounters is full of one-page encounters that can be dropped in at will, for instance. I also like Cawood Publishing's Monsters of Feyland.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Currently playing in Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, and DMing Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
What would I recommend? Ditch the advice the book gives of running everything in order, don't be afraid to provide information to the players, so they can travel the Feywild with objectives in mind, instead of being dragged from one encounter to another, and read some other fey books, so you have some foundation if/when choose to just wing it instead of following the book. Domains of Delight is a good source, and @Whizbang Dustyboots gave me some recommendations I didn't know (thank you Whizbang!)
Domains of Delight should definitely have been a chapter of Witchlight, which I suspect it was originally. Bump it up by four dollars to pay for the extra page signatures, if necessary. Maybe they will, if they ever release a remastered version of it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases