• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite tier of play?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
It really depends on the characters. With ones I like, it doesn't matter as much. When someone is playing a character I don't like, it kinds bogs down the whole game. (Multiple characters in the party I don't like can be very annoying.) That said, I think Paragon has the best set up: the fights are a bit more challenging, we've survived the trials of Heroic, and have the glory of Epic to look forward to.
That said, most of the Epic Destinies really don't do anything for me. Sure, one might have a neat power or something, but most of them just don't give me anything I want. There's always a "meh" in there with any epic destiny (or else everyone would take that/those one/s all the time).
I did have a great time with a Feylock who combined a feat and a paragon path so that he had +7 to hit with action point attacks, +3 to hit UEMNT with all attacks after spending the AP, and a couple other nice side effects with the AP, and usually used that with a Daily or tasty encounter power to seriously screw with the fight. (AP+StormCountess'sKiss was hilarious--esp at nerfing a leader who had an aura 5 by suspending it 7 in the air for most of the fight.

Remove ads