What Licensed RPG Do You Wish Existed But Doesn't?

Cordwainer Fish

Imp. Int. Scout Svc. (Dishon. Ret.)
While it was closer to the latter, it used D&D stats (with Wisdom doubling as Luck) with "roll under" for checks and had some basic combat rules. Not as "gamey" as the Middle Earth Adventure books (which used a slightly cut-down set of the MERP rules) but more than some of this style.
Yep, and there were a dozen or so of them in various properties. I need to hunt down a copy of the Morgaine & Vanye one someday...

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Ok this might seem a little out there, but how about:
p183963_b_v10_ac.jpg

Celebrim

Legend
Necromunda - For those of you who don't know, Necromunda was a skirmish level table top miniatures war game released by Games Workshop originally released in 1995. The game takes place in the underhive, the lower portions of a hive city, massive structures plumbing the depths of the planet and kilometers into the sky, and the players control their own gangs vying for territory and power. Like a lot of GW properties, it's the setting is rich, interesting, and there's a lot of things you can do in Necromunda.

I'd settle for a campaign oriented videogame that captured the game feel of the skirmish level game. The licensed video game version was extremely disappointing for not capturing the game mechanics as well as for example the video game version of Bloodbowl did.

I don't think I'd want to play Necromunda without the skirmish rules, but did spend quite a bit of time sketching out campaign rules for building a gang empire in Necromunda with extensive exploration and income phases.

Undrave

Legend
I'd settle for a campaign oriented videogame that captured the game feel of the skirmish level game. The licensed video game version was extremely disappointing for not capturing the game mechanics as well as for example the video game version of Bloodbowl did.

I don't think I'd want to play Necromunda without the skirmish rules, but did spend quite a bit of time sketching out campaign rules for building a gang empire in Necromunda with extensive exploration and income phases.
Neromunda with 4e style rules?

RareBreed

Adventurer
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I would love to see a Rurouni Kenshin game. But it has to include the Netflix stories, and not just the anime and manga. Second would be Attack on Titan.

One Punch Man would be kind of hilarious if OPM would come out of nowhere like some Deus Ex Machina to save the players. Or make them play a class C hero like Mumen Rider (aka the bicycle hero).

Unfortunately, Avatar by Nickelodeon has been licensed out by Magpie Games, but it uses the PbtA system, and none of the Playbooks really fits the genre in my opinion (I don't even think PbtA is a good fit honestly).

The other Avatar would make a pretty cool RPG game too.

Teo Twawki

Coffee ruminator
I seem to have offended you
I don't get offended by words. Especially words on the internet.
I did find it a curious concept to dismiss a (non-existent) game because the title character would be over-powered in comparison with player characters since that is a common theme in myriad licensed IPs.

gban007

Adventurer
Because Gurps New Sun exists, I'll have to go with a Malazan Book of the Fallen RPG (though, I'd go for an RPG based on the unfinished Kharkhanas trilogy, too).
I would like that too, but is a funny one as Malazan came from a GURPS campaign, so in theory perhaps you could argue it is already there? But I would love a dedicated Malazan RPG in whatever system it comes in :)

Remove ads