D&D 5E What previous-edition D&D settings, races, classes, items, weapons and so on do you think we'll never see in 5E?

Classes: I do think Warden's will effectly come back and either a druid or barbarian, and warlord is still up in the air, IMO. What we won't see are Binders, Factotum, Incarnum, Duskblade, Swordmage (sad face), or really any other whole classes. We will see things like those classes in various subclasses, but most of them won't be super satisfying.

I'd forgotten Swordmages were even a thing but they were actually legit awesome.

Speaking of legit awesome which we won't see in 5E - Vampire as a class or race!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
You might get Devas reborn as a subrace of Aasimar.
They kinda already have been. Scourge Aasimar aren’t a perfect analogue to Devas, bit I am pretty sure it’s WotC’s pass at a a 5e version of them, and likely the closest to them we’ll get.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I do think the Kobold Press Gnoll is pretty good, if less interesting than the 4e dnd take, for what it’s worth @Charlaquin .

I wish there was hope for a compiled book of all the 4e Nentir Vale lore. I mean, you could fill a tome with it, no problem.

@Eric V I don’t think that’s actually true. They did a good job of bringing back Kara-Tur in 4e under the DDI magazines, and even included some Kara-tur stuff when Heroes of Shadow and Heroes of The Feywild came out.

Also, Chult got some flak, but was overall a success, and I’d say it’s more problematic than any of the ones you mentioned.

Still, they’d be better off bringing in diverse creatives to work on a new product that expands dnd beyond its normal pseudo-European milieu.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Races: Shardminds, Wilden (sadly. they should come back), but honestly tortles and selkath were brought back, so, who knows.
These races might come back in a similar way to the tortle as one of those small charity PDFs. I find that the most likely way for them to return.

Why would Dark Sun prove intractable? Dragonborn get reskinned as Dray, Goliaths as Half-Giants, add in Mul, reflavour the other races, warlocks get reskinned to be Templars.

Defiling and Preserving work sort of like the wild magic sorcerer.

Don't see any real issues.

Remove ads