Votes: 30 17.8%
  • Wilden

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 104 61.5%

• Poll closed .

Stormonu

Legend
Okay, so it's been getting hot and heavy over in Tiefling and Half-Orc should not be in the PHB. I don't think I've seen a poll for this, so I think it's time to draw one out and get a sense where EnWorld stands on this issue.

I've tried to include as many races as I can think of that either appeared in more than one edition, got a full racial write-up as a playable race or made it directly into the PHB, but I'm sure I'll miss a few. If there's any I left out, just put 'em in here.

Ahnehnois

First Post
You left out dwarves. Not a small omission.

I'll be here all night, folks. (Ninja'd)

That aside, Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling. Anything else can get reduced writeups in the PHB, or be detailed in the monster manual or a supplement, or ignored. Let's get the basics right before throwing any of this other stuff in.

the Jester

Legend
You missed dwarves and half-elves, and grey elves and eladrin are the same thing.

I'd also kind of favor either thri-kreen or dromites.

SKyOdin

First Post
I voted for both Dragonborn and Lizardman, simply to reinforce my vote for at least one race with scales. Ditto for Shifters and Catfolk. I also voted for all three forms of Elf, but I wouldn't mind collapsing them all into a single Elf race.

I didn't even notice that Dwarves were missing... I would have voted for them if they were on the poll.

Ratskinner

Adventurer
I voted for the "old four", but I really mean that for the "basic" or "core" rules. I'd be perfectly happy seeing a crowd of races. However, given that the stranger races rarely, if ever, get played, I'd be disappointed if we devoted too many pages of the core books to the people... scratch that... the guy who desperately wants to play bullywug. Perhaps a decent crowd of around ten in the PHB/DMG. Then a separate "weird races" book.

Kaodi

Hero
My first instinct would probably be to go for Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling, Human . Those are, as far as I am concerned, the classic races. If I were going to make one addition to this, I think I would prefer Changeling. Perhaps I am biased though; I always liked Eberron's Changelings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases