D&D (2024) What spells should be dropped?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don't know about this, I don't against the idea like someone is so good at stealth that they just become invisible and impossible to be found without special sense. But the "teach other" part doesn't feel really rouge to me, more like some stealth base bard subclass. It just my feeling that rouge isn't the knowledge sharing type of class.
Nah you can’t be that much of an expert without knowing how to teach others the basics. Call it guild tactics if you want.

Every class should have at least one feature that lets them help the team, anyway, IMO.

If rogues teaching bothers you, flavor it as them guiding the other PCs stealth?

doctorbadwolf

:ROFLMAO:

1500gp for "a not-concentration non-disruptable haste that also gives you a 2nd point to cast spells from and duplicates all your spell slots except for one" is a GOOD SPELL.

I'm biased here from high-level AL play, but 1500gp at the level in question doesn't seem like that much.
Okay. It’s also a 7th level spell, can’t regain spell slots, etc. please don’t reply to one part of a post I’ve made as if it is the entire post.

Nadan

Explorer
Nah you can’t be that much of an expert without knowing how to teach others the basics. Call it guild tactics if you want.

Every class should have at least one feature that lets them help the team, anyway, IMO.

If rogues teaching bothers you, flavor it as them guiding the other PCs stealth?
Subclass? Perhaps, but not in base rouge.

doctorbadwolf

Doesn't seem line a rogue feature to me. Maybe the mastermind, but not a core rogue feature.

Non-magical ranger, sure.
Eh, see my reply to another poster.

I think it’s absurd to not give a class a team feature because people are stuck on a specific personality for an entire class.

Gadget

Adventurer
Most spells could be re-written to be better/more balanced. I would be most interested in 'fixing' the trap spells and those that are overtuned. I'm not opposed to the more plot based spells, as long as they are flavorful and not too numerous.

The one spell I could easily see eliminated is Counterspell. It is not needed, and does not even have the excuse of a long tradition in D&D to save it. I've never seen the need for it, and it changes game play quite a bit just by having it there. In the past, readying an action with Dispel Magic could do the trick, though it was rarely used due to action cost and potential wasted round.

Clint_L

Hero
Well, let's put my money where my mouth is: here is what I'd cut from Wizard spells, starting with cantrips (a few I've left in basically just for Bladesingers). I'm also not being as aggressive with cuts as I would personally like, so I'm keeping a few that I think are pretty niche but have their defenders.:

Cantrip Cuts:

Acid Splash
Blade Ward
Control Flame
Dancing Lights
Encode Thoughts
Friends
Gust
Infestation
Lightning Lure
Mold Earth
Poison Spray