D&D 5E What's Your (Character's) Constitution Score?

What is/was the Constitution score of your 5E character(s)?

• 8 or lower

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 7 8.4%

Votes: 3 3.6%

Votes: 20 24.1%

Votes: 8 9.6%

Votes: 55 66.3%

Votes: 7 8.4%

Votes: 25 30.1%

Votes: 4 4.8%

Votes: 5 6.0%

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 21 or higher

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I voted for my three latest characters...

My dwarf wizard had a Con of 16. For a while it was his highest score!

My dragonborn paladin / sorcerer had a Con of 14. He was a big front-line kind of guy, so I prioritized hit points.

My goblin paladin had a Con of 10.

What's interesting is that the first two characters used Point Buy, and the last was rolled stats. I think I feel pressure to boost Constitution when I use Point Buy, but I feel more comfortable with a lower Con when the dice decide it for me.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I usually make getting to 14 con my second priority after getting to 16 in my primary ability. On a particularly MAD character I’ll sometimes settle for 12 con, but 14 is usually my benchmark.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I checked my last 7 characters, everyone had either a 14 Con or a 16 Con after taking Resilient(Con).

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I actually have six characters with a 14 Con (one of whom is 19 due to his Amulet of Health, 2 at 12, and one at 16 (my Variant Human who started with Heavy Armor Master and was nearly invincible for several levels as a result).

jgsugden

Legend
I've played dozens of 5E characters now.

The most common constitution is 14, followed by 12, 13 and 19 (Amulet of Health). My currently active PCs with at least 5 sessions behind them:

Cruddles (Deep Gnome Enchantment Wizard) 14 - 19 with the Amulet of Health, 13 without.
Asimi Glossa (Vuman Aberrant Soul Sorcerer 10) - 19 with Amulet of Health, 12 without.
Galen Dracos (Longtooth Eldrtich Knight 13, Order of the Profane Soul 3, War Wizard 4) - 14
Myska Urge (Variant Tiefling (Winged) Gloom Stalker 5, Cleric of Order 1, Divine Soul Sorcerer 5, Battlemaster 4, Assassin 3) - 14
Lex Hecatan - (Vuman Open Hand Monk 9) - 14
Modianger - (Mountain Dwarf Frenzied Barbarian 14, Champion 4) - 22 (Raised to 20, then a Manual) [Unlikely to resume]
Whitesnake Seneca - (Vuman Hexblade 7) - 13 [Unlikely to resume]
Snicker (Changeling Assassin 8) - 14 [Unlikely to resume]
Vane Eddy (Half-elf College of Whispers Bard 6) - 14 [Unlikely to resume]
Treet (Cleric of Trickery 7) - 12 [Unlikely to resume]

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
My current favorite PC (a human necromancer using a the necromancer class from Mage Hand Press' Valda's Spire if Secrets) has a 12. As a melee wizard, this is sometimes an issue, but fortunately he has a very high AC!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
My characters have 12 (usually) or (occasionally) 14. It never changes: enough for a HP boost; always a tier-2 stat.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
My current favorite PC (a human necromancer using a the necromancer class from Mage Hand Press' Valda's Spire if Secrets) has a 12. As a melee wizard, this is sometimes an issue, but fortunately he has a very high AC!
I've had 2 players swap their wizard-necromancers for that class, and both love it. Great class.

Remove ads