• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Mercurius

Legend
On a different note, here's something fun for y'all. A speculative map of the Second Age:

1638840788532.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
After finishing episode 5, I asked my girlfriend who she thought the Dragon Reborn was. I gave her three choices. She picked: 1. Egwene, 2. Mat, 3. Nynaeve.

I was surprised, but I guess this means the showrunners are doing a good job.
I mean, it's hard to argue with results.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
After finishing episode 5, I asked my girlfriend who she thought the Dragon Reborn was. I gave her three choices. She picked: 1. Egwene, 2. Mat, 3. Nynaeve.

I was surprised, but I guess this means the showrunners are doing a good job.
Nynaeve displayed a huge amount of power and Matt had Thom talk to Rand about Matt channeling, so I can easily see where she got those two from. I'm curious why Egwene over Rand or Perrin, though.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
It feels like the writers are basically purposefully pointing the viewers away from Rand in a way that will still feel like there were hints. The "Matt might be a channeler" bit feels like Fight Club level misdirection.

The breaking wasn't a simple sea rise. The men went mad raising some areas and destroying others.
This map implies a breaking before the breaking (which in WOT terms wouldn't really be surprising).

The way history is constructed in the Wheel of Time implies a catastrophist view of history, which was an alternative series of theories from the 18th and 19th centuries (and clearly inspired the Hyborian age of Conan).

This map implies a breaking before the breaking (which in WOT terms wouldn't really be surprising).

The way history is constructed in the Wheel of Time implies a catastrophist view of history, which was an alternative series of theories from the 18th and 19th centuries (and clearly inspired the Hyborian age of Conan).
Right -- there's a major (assumed nuclear) war at the end of the first age that ends the Age of Myth (our age). The Breaking at the end of the second Age, the Age of Legend, the One Power alters the landscape ... but nukes and climate change aren't raising land in the first one.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Right -- there's a major (assumed nuclear) war at the end of the first age that ends the Age of Myth (our age). The Breaking at the end of the second Age, the Age of Legend, the One Power alters the landscape ... but nukes and climate change aren't raising land in the first one.
The first age is not our world. The portal stones come from the first age, so the one power was known and used during that period, making it an alternate reality of ours. That means that the landscape doesn't have to be identical. Nor does there even have to be climate change.

Remove ads