• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Sure, but that doesn't mean it is all propaganda. And "Materese" clearly refers to Mother Theresa...although, I suppose with an open-ended cosmology, we could play with the idea that maybe the Dark One is a mega-billionaire from our world who traveled to another world, bringing a few humans with them, and tried to rule over them.

(And of course you don't need to use spoilers tags, this being a spoiler-friendly thread)
The cosmology leaves open the idea that the age before the age of legends was not our age, but a version of our age in a different spinning of the wheel.

So it might be that Materese was really called Materese in the time that is actually being remembered, but Materese is also a variation on Mother Therese from an earlier or later spinning of the wheel.

Mercurius

Legend
Well, I figured giving away one of the central theses of the series might be a bit far even for the plot spoiler friendly reader.

Those Easter Eggs are definitely real...but for Jordan are a bit besides the point, which is why they stay Easter Eggs in the text.
Yeah, I hear you, although I think "the point" is whatever pleasure the reader gets from it, regardless of what Jordan says the point is.

The cosmology leaves open the idea that the age before the age of legends was not our age, but a version of our age in a different spinning of the wheel.

So it might be that Materese was really called Materese in the time that is actually being remembered, but Materese is also a variation on Mother Therese from an earlier or later spinning of the wheel.
Yes, true, which aligns with what I said about different variations in the cycles of ages.

I tend to think, though, that Materese is Mother Theresa - the similarity is too close. I suppose Artur Paendrag is very close to Arthur Pendragon, and they're clearly not the same but the isomorphic, so maybe Materese is the same. But...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
So after watching the new episode, it went a bit more wild with the changes than any other episode since the first. That said, the only real disappointment I had was when Moiraine opened the waygate. Loial was there and he was the one who should have opened it with the trefoil leaf. I didn't see any reason why it should have been her and not him.

Edit: Also, am I misremembering or did Mat not go to the Eye of the World with the others in the book?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So after watching the new episode, it went a bit more wild with the changes than any other episode since the first. That said, the only real disappointment I had was when Moiraine opened the waygate. Loial was there and he was the one who should have opened it with the trefoil leaf. I didn't see any reason why it should have been her and not him.

Edit: Also, am I misremembering or did Mat not go to the Eye of the World with the others in the book?
Mat went with the others to Fal Dara.

just found out a major character actor left the show after season 1. Might explain the ending? its 2 bad as that person seemed to be one of the better actors on the show

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads