Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Just watched episode 3 last night.

Poor Uno, what a way to go. On the other hand, we definitely get the message.

Like how they did the arches. Pretty heart wrenching that ending for Nyn.

TheSword

Legend
Just watched episode 3 last night.

Poor Uno, what a way to go. On the other hand, we definitely get the message.

Like how they did the arches. Pretty heart wrenching that ending for Nyn.
I actually think they let her off lightly.

Lan was dead and her friends and she thought she had escaped with her baby. In the books she has to leave it all behind even though that perfect life is there for her. Making her leave Lan behind.

That’s why Nyneave’s second trial where she goes back to the two rivers is so bad for her. Her replacement is so wicked, that everyone is so terrified of her - she’s murdering those who stand up to her and brow beating the rest - she’s the only one who can stand up to them. Making her leave behind the Two Rivers and her role as Wisdom.

Her first trial she is in a maze and being chased by Aginor (one of the forsaken) and she is actually winning and has the chance to destroy him. But has to pass the opportunity to make it to the archway. Making her leave behind a chance to save the world and her friends.

Really cool how Nyneave channels in the archways though. Kinda would have liked to see the Aes Sedai’s face when she rips her way out. When they realize she’s more powerful than any of them can imagine.

So much cool Nyneave stuff to come if they make it that far. Braid tugging aside she does some awesome stuff.

TheSword

Legend
On a separate note can anyone work out it Morraine has been severed or just had a block tied off by Ishmael? Did she mention the warder bond has been severed? Feel like these are some major departures!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I actually think they let her off lightly.

Lan was dead and her friends and she thought she had escaped with her baby. In the books she has to leave it all behind even though that perfect life is there for her. Making her leave Lan behind.

That’s why Nyneave’s second trial where she goes back to the two rivers is so bad for her. Her replacement is so wicked, that everyone is so terrified of her - she’s murdering those who stand up to her and brow beating the rest - she’s the only one who can stand up to them. Making her leave behind the Two Rivers and her role as Wisdom.

Her first trial she is in a maze and being chased by Aginor (one of the forsaken) and she is actually winning and has the chance to destroy him. But has to pass the opportunity to make it to the archway. Making her leave behind a chance to save the world and her friends.

Really cool how Nyneave channels in the archways though. Kinda would have liked to see the Aes Sedai’s face when she rips her way out. When they realize she’s more powerful than any of them can imagine.

So much cool Nyneave stuff to come if they make it that far. Braid tugging aside she does some awesome stuff.
this is the kind of stuff I'd like in spoiler tags in the future, but I get it....

TheSword

Legend
this is the kind of stuff I'd like in spoiler tags in the future, but I get it....
Ahh, sorry dude. This whole thread is spoiler tagged that’s why I necro’d it, to distinguish from the ‘Wheel of Time (no spoilers)’ thread.

Also it was in the past from the purpose of the series.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Ahh, sorry dude. This whole thread is spoiler tagged that’s why I necro’d it, to distinguish from the ‘Wheel of Time (no spoilers)’ thread.

Also it was in the past from the purpose of the series.
there's a no spoiler thread? I'll find that one (and we're cool, I get it totally).

Ryujin

Legend
Other than copying the blunder from GoT and giving us a bunch of darkness where stuff kinda moves but you can't really see it. The rest of the first episode was good, though.
Definitely not a fan of the dark action. I likely should have watched it in a dark room, since I have a TV with good black levels, but as it was I really couldn't see a thing.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Definitely not a fan of the dark action. I likely should have watched it in a dark room, since I have a TV with good black levels, but as it was I really couldn't see a thing.
Agreed. I see they were trying to convey how shades can move sideways and basically disappear in darkness, but it was pretty difficult to follow that.

Remove ads