Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

TheSword

Legend
NPC: "Bring me a bottle of McGuffin Red, and I'll tell you what you want to know."
PC: [trots over to inn]
Innkeep: "You can't get that stuff here, we will have to don elaborate disguises and sneak into a swanky party to steal it."
PCs: [groan]
Lol. Ah yes. I see what you mean.

Well, looks like all the roads are heading towards Falme and the finale, although we still need to get Mat and Min to Rand, and then all of them to Falme (via portal stone?)

Natasha O'Keefe is just killing it as Lanfear now that she's been unleashed from her Selene persona. The scene with her and Ishamael in TAR was really excellent, and I can't wait to see her and Rand's interaction now that she's got him in the dream world...

TheSword

Legend
I must say, I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by this season. Lanfear is excellent, Ishmael is likeable, The damane scenes are very well done, as are the Aiel (one of the big risks imho) and I find I’m liking everyone, all the time.

It also feels like it’s getting back on track meta plot wise. Falme is a pivotal moment and everyone’s being brought together. Excellent.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I have really been enjoying this season. Characters are feeling more and more like their book counterparts. Pacing is way better (also way better than the books).

It does feel kind of video-gameist to me. Aside from the Fedex sidequests, we have convenient teleportation points connecting key locations so we don't need to bother with travel. Was this in the books?

Remove ads