Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I can see it going in the direction of either one of those arguments.
Time will tell!

I know that Elayne was cut from this Season (she's introduced in Season 2) because they didn't want to cast again cast memeber for a 7 minute cameo in the first season, so they are shifting things around a fair bit.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Bye thread! That's the last thread I've tried to participate in without talking about stuff that hasn't happened in the show yet. I'll just stick to my friends.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
The foreshadowing Logain is giving with his army is important and relevant to what the real Dragon will face once he/she is proclaimed (trying to avoid too many spoilers here).

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
On the contrary, I believe they enhanced his Season 1 presence precisely because he is going to be more of a consistently recurring character than in the books.
Fair. I mean, a lot of it will come down to casting and actor availability, too.

I'm just expecting a good amount of the secondary roles to get compressed into a fewer, stronger characters. Like Verin and Cadsuane in the "expository Aes Sedai" role. Or Liandrin and Elaida in the "treacherous Red Ajah involved in politics" spot.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Fair. I mean, a lot of it will come down to casting and actor availability, too.

I'm just expecting a good amount of the secondary roles to get compressed into a fewer, stronger characters. Like Verin and Cadsuane in the "expository Aes Sedai" role. Or Liandrin and Elaida in the "treacherous Red Ajah involved in politics" spot.
Some compression is likely, but those pairings do not seem terribly plausible.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Haven’t seen this mentioned yet. Any guesses on the shadows speaking to Logain in the first scene with the King? I’m assuming it’s two of the foresaken, but it’s been a while since I read the books. Was thinking Ishmael and the other other one that works from the shadows (forgot her name).

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I agree. Verin and Cadsuane have very different roles, as do Elaida and Liandrin. And beyond those roles, each of those pairs has a major difference that can't readily be reconciled.
Guess we'll see! I imagine a lot of speculation among the non-book reading audience is going to be "Guess the Darkfriend." :)

Personally, I think they'll have to cut down a lot of arcs to make the books fit into TV. I'm not expecting to see the Seanchan make it to the show, for example.

Remove ads