Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Haven’t seen this mentioned yet. Any guesses on the shadows speaking to Logain in the first scene with the King? I’m assuming it’s two of the foresaken, but it’s been a while since I read the books. Was thinking Ishmael and the other other one that works from the shadows (forgot her name).
Probably not that, since Logaine doesn't roll that way.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Haven’t seen this mentioned yet. Any guesses on the shadows speaking to Logain in the first scene with the King? I’m assuming it’s two of the foresaken, but it’s been a while since I read the books. Was thinking Ishmael and the other other one that works from the shadows (forgot her name).
I just think it's the madness.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Guess we'll see! I imagine a lot of speculation among the non-book reading audience is going to be "Guess the Darkfriend." :)

Personally, I think they'll have to cut down a lot of arcs to make the books fit into TV. I'm not expecting to see the Seanchan make it to the show, for example.
I expect quite a bit of truncation to fit 14 novels into 8 seasons, but I expect Season 2 to be largely about the Seanchan. They are too integral to the plot to cut out.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Guess we'll see! I imagine a lot of speculation among the non-book reading audience is going to be "Guess the Darkfriend." :)

Personally, I think they'll have to cut down a lot of arcs to make the books fit into TV. I'm not expecting to see the Seanchan make it to the show, for example.
I think they will, but perhaps not in the same way, and not as quickly as they appeared in the books. Matt's story is very dependent on them.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

What I really expect to see truncated is the Shaido plotline.

I think they will, but perhaps not in the same way, and not as quickly as they appeared in the books. Matt's story is very dependent on them.
The actor playing Perrin already accidentally leaked that we'll be seeing the Seanchan this season. Given that there's a "girl on western shore" in the cast list for Episode 8, everyone is assuming we'll see that character seeing the Seanchan fleet arriving as the season ending cliffhanger...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The actor playing Perrin already accidentally leaked that we'll be seeing the Seanchan this season. Given that there's a "girl on western shore" in the cast list for Episode 8, everyone is assuming we'll see that character seeing the Seanchan fleet arriving as the season ending cliffhanger...
Nice.

Given what they get through in this season, getting through The Great Hunt and The Dragon Reborn in Season 2 is doable. Averaging 2-3 novels a Season seems achievable for much of the middle of the series.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Well, okay then! I guess that's pretty strong evidence that they will be arriving soon.

Remove ads