Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Nice.

Given what they get through in this season, getting through The Great Hunt and The Dragon Reborn in Season 2 is doable. Averaging 2-3 novels a Season seems achievable for much of the middle of the series.
I'm re-reading TGH right now (having re-read TEotW on the run up to the premiere), and I'm pretty much at the halfway point, and the story has only just now gotten to Cairhien. Given that a lot if the Aes Sedai stuff there will be moved to Season 1, it could easily be done in 1 or 1.5 epsodes. The only real thing of importance is meeting up with a certain Forsaken in that time...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I don’t know, I liked the whole section in Far Madding as well and Matt trying to escape Ebou Dar with Tuon.

Though I’ve realized I must have a high tolerance because I was never really affected by the middle books the way some people are 🤷🏻‍♂️
It wasn't that it was bad writing. It's that it was multiple thousands of pages in which the plot went almost nowhere. I still re-read those books when I reread the series, so it's not like they're so bad as to make them unreadable to me. I'd just have preferred more plot movement.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm pretty sure that it's in book 10 that the story really picks back up. If I'm wrong, then it happens in 11. Books 7-9, though, are a slog to get through, but stuff does happen. :p
Plot slows down in 6 (Lord of Chaos) and picks up in 11 (Knife of Dreams). 10 is entirely a reaction to the climax of 9, like seriously the 24 hours afterwards.

I still like it all, but it can be condensed in adaptation without doing violence to the story.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The end of 9 (the cleansing) I agree is really good. It's my favorite part of that portion of the series, but on the whole I find most of the back half of the series to be kind of frustrating, with a few exceptions. Knife of Dreams is on the whole much better than books 7-10, and The Gathering Storm is one of my favorite books in the series.
I personally really enjoyed all of the books from 10 on.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don’t know, I liked the whole section in Far Madding as well and Matt trying to escape Ebou Dar with Tuon.

Though I’ve realized I must have a high tolerance because I was never really affected by the middle books the way some people are 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah, I know that I have a high tolerance because I just enjoy reading Jordan's writing, plot be damned. But there are organizations izational issues that the show can tighten up and leave things intact.

Just cut most of the Aes Sedai politics. There's about 4 books worth of content right there.
No way that will happen. They're setting up Tower politics early after all! Plus the showrunner states his favorite part of the books involves Tower politics (concerning Egwene in the Tower in the later books to be precise)...

Remove ads