D&D 5E "When (or If) I play(ed) in multiple 5E D&D games, I'd want them to all use the same rules/house rules." (a poll)

"When (or If) I play in multiple 5E D&D games, I want them to all use the same rules/house rules."

• True.

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • False.

Votes: 89 88.1%

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Let's say you are one of the lucky few to have the time to play in more than on 5E game at a time. If that is or were the case would the following statement be true or false for you:

"When (or If) I play in multiple 5E D&D games, I want them to all use the same rules/house rules."

Let's say you are one of the lucky few to have the time to play in more than on 5E game at a time. If that is or were the case would the following statement be true or false for you:

False.

Literally one of the draws to playing in multiple games (for me) is that they often have different rules/house rules. Like one DM will be an anything goes, all races, all classes guy, but maybe he has some weird ideas about skill usage, another will have a tighter vision but she has some well-thought-through house rules that improve the game etc.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm not too fond of a lot of house rules (or to be more exact, I'm dubious about many DMs' ability to implement them - the more they use, the more dubious I will be) but every DM has a few things that they do differently than each other (or different than I would do it) and I'm absolutely fine with that.

Ultimately, if I sit at someone's table, I play by their rules, whether I agree with them or not.

Remove ads