D&D 5E Where Does The Multiversal Vecna: Eve of Ruin Visit?

Includes Ravenloft, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, and Eberron.

evernight.jpeg

Evernight rises above the molten ground in the Shadowfell.​

Dungeons & Dragons designer Amanda Hamon has revealed some of the locations that Vecna: Eve of Ruin visits.
  • Evernight, a Shadowfell version of Neverwinter
  • Spelljammer's Astra Sea
  • Eberron's Mournlands
  • Ravenloft's Death House
  • Dragonlance's Three Moons Vault
  • Greyhawk's tom of Acererak
  • The Nine Hells
GJSmc8PacAEGr2z.jpeg

A pair of adventurers outside the Three Moons Vault, a complex on Krynn where allies of Lord Soth await them. Art by Jedd Chevrier.

GJSnDyhacAAvKh_.jpeg

Over 30 new monsters from around the multiverse arrive in Vecna: Eve of Ruin. Here we see a deathwolf from Krynn and a hertilod from the Astral Sea. Art by Brian Valeza.

Remathilis

Legend
Name-checking both Soth and Acerak is interesting. Is this a Legion of Doom situation?
I actually don't think most of the major bads will feature directly into the plot.

For example, going to Death House doesn't mean Strahd knows there is a rod piece hidden in there. They are just another group of travelers who have made their way to Barovia and Strahd is going to roll out the red carpet for them. (Blood red). Likewise, it may be coincidence that Lord Soth's people are looking for the Three Moon's Vault, but that doesn't mean Soth is going to let them be.

That said, I think we probably can figure out most of the feature villains in each setting:

Ravenloft: Strahd
Dragonlance: Lord Soth
Eberron: The Lord of Blades
Greyhawk: Accerack
Planescape: Tiamat or Zariel
Spelljammer: either Vlaakith or The Xaryian Emperor
Forgotten Realms: Hmmm... I don't know anyone specifically connected to Evernight but any number of FR villains could be hiding there...

Back to Death House? Damn, instant turn-off. Might genuinely skip this book just because of that.

Death House (in my opinion) is one of two iconic things to cone out of 5e. The other being the entirely of "Lost Mines of PHANDELVER".

I like 5e, but the adventures have mostly been disappointments that also haven't added much to D&D lore and they have just pulled greatest hits out of 1e, 2e, 3e and even 4e (shadowfell).

What else from the last 10 years is recognizable enough to feature?

TravDoc42

Getting a hang of this!
I guess my theory that we'd finally see an Abyssal adventure didn't hold up. I'm fine with the Nine Hells, but would it kill WoTC to explore another of the Outer Planes at some point?

I actually don't think most of the major bads will feature directly into the plot.

For example, going to Death House doesn't mean Strahd knows there is a rod piece hidden in there. They are just another group of travelers who have made their way to Barovia and Strahd is going to roll out the red carpet for them. (Blood red). Likewise, it may be coincidence that Lord Soth's people are looking for the Three Moon's Vault, but that doesn't mean Soth is going to let them be.

That said, I think we probably can figure out most of the feature villains in each setting:

Ravenloft: Strahd
Dragonlance: Lord Soth
Eberron: The Lord of Blades
Greyhawk: Accerack
Planescape: Tiamat or Zariel
Spelljammer: either Vlaakith or The Xaryian Emperor
Forgotten Realms: Hmmm... I don't know anyone specifically connected to Evernight but any number of FR villains could be hiding there...
Pretty sure Miska is the Planescape villain.

Ondath

Hero
I am pretty sure it was mentioned that Tiamat is a part of the adventure, but only off screen. No direct interaction with her
I suspect she might be offed to show how strong Vecna is. D&D Socials posted sth like "Who'd win? Vecna or Tiamat?" followed by another "Who'd win? Vecna or Strahd?".

Remove ads

Remove ads