D&D 5E Which UA subclasses do you think will make it this time?

Which Subclasses do you think will be approved?

• Path of the Wild Soul

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • College of Eloquence

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Twilight Domain

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Circle of Wildfire

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Rune Knight

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Psychic Warrior

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Way of the Astral Self

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Oath of Heroism

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Swarmkeeper

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • The Revived

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Soulknife

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Aberrant Mind

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • The Lurker in the Deep

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Onomancy

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Psionics

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • None

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Poll closed .

Kurotowa

Legend
It might be. It’s pretty hard to get an accurate read on what the majority of players like without access to the survey data.

Indeed. I read D&D discussion here, a different forum, and at reddit. Opinions are rarely universal between the three. The only people with any idea what the survey data is actually like is WotC themselves.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I think Swarmkeeper is one of the most likely to pass.

I think Swarmkeeper is an awesome idea/subclass. I don't think it's going to pass or get published.

Onomancy was one of my favorites, though I know there are issues with its implementation as is. I hope it sees official print, but I doubt it.

I think for me the for sure ones are Rune Knight, Soul Knife, & Twilight Domain.

I'd love to also see: College of Eloquence, Circle of Wildfire, Psychic Warrior, the Revived, Aberrant Mind, Lurker in the Deep, & Onomancy.

They all need some tweaking, but I love the theme and flavor of most of them.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I think Swarmkeeper is an awesome idea/subclass. I don't think it's going to pass or get published.
I think a lot of folks around here are overestimating how “weird” and “out there” an idea it is. To most players, I think it’s gonna come across as a pretty natural and obvious concept.

The approval rate needed for UA material to become official is 70% or so. Meaning 70% of the playertester base has to like it before it can potentially see a book. Otherwise the idea is scrapped, though individual abilities or parts of ideas that test well might be cannibalized for future UAs. Which has got me thinking about the latest UA, the Psionic one, and how that might mean that the previous Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard subclasses didn't hit the mark.

Personally, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Revived or Onomancy subclasses got scrapped, but the Rune Knight was cool.

Anyway: Which of the new UA subclasses do you think will make it?

Edit: Added the "None" option, because I know someone will pick it.
A poll on "which do you think will be scrapped" might be more telling.

I suspect we might have more subclasses still to come, to bring the total to two for each class.

Last edited:

The poll is going to close today. I am kind of curious as to how many of the subclasses will make around 70% among ENWorlders.
I wouldn't apply a 70% cut-off to this. The question was "which classes do you think will be approved" not "which classes do you feel more positive than negative about".

Approval just requires 70% of respondents to feel 51% happy with the subclass.

Remove ads