White Plume Mountain Revised is Up

Hmm...

I'm sorry to hear about
the removal of the kelpies--I always prefer when adventures have encounters that aren't all straight-up combat, and while White Plume has others, it doesn't have many
--but other than that, this looks pretty cool.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Cool.

Quote:
recasts the three famous weapons Blackrazor, Wave, and Whelm as legacy weapons

Hmmm, not sure I like that or not... I thought they could have done the legacy weapons a lot better, but that's beside the point of this thread.

BSF

Explorer
Downloading right now to check it out. I've been looking at the original for revising myself so it will be interesting to see what htey have done with it.

Greg K

Legend
Looks better than the revised Tomb of horrors, but...(possible spoiler ?)

It looks better done than the revised Tomb of Horrors. However, I do find the following to be disappointing:

1) The weapons being legacy weapons (I hate the legacy mechanics).
2) Only one of the flesh golems is actually a flesh golem ( I dislike the 3.x emphasis on "balanced" encounters).

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Meh. The inclusion of the Weapons of Legacy rules really irked me, and the rest of the dungeon didn't do much to thrill me. There's some good encounters (the platforms over the mudpits are great), but it's no Tomb of Horrors.

Demiurge out.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Meh. The inclusion of the Weapons of Legacy rules really irked me, and the rest of the dungeon didn't do much to thrill me. There's some good encounters (the platforms over the mudpits are great), but it's no Tomb of Horrors.

...thank gawd! ;)

I have a special place in my heart for this little gem-in-the-rough. So many memories of PCs running around with Stormbri...err Blackrazor.

shilsen

Adventurer
I just downloaded it and was skimming, and came across a really weird bit. There is a magic item which speaks to characters and actually says, "I permanently consume 1
hit point per year." I think this is the first time I've seen hit points explicitly referenced as something that is known and discussed in the game world.

Henrix

Explorer
Looks nice, but I'll try to rework the weapons to something that does not use the legacy rules. Xp costs come to mind.

Remove ads