• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who still plays older versions of D&D?

What version of pre-3e D&D are you still playing?

• OD&D--1974, baby!

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Moldvay/Cook/Mentzer/Rules Cyclopedia

Votes: 45 34.1%
  • AD&D 1e. Old school all da way!

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • AD&D 2e. Nay-sayers be damned! ;-)

Votes: 41 31.1%

Mycanid

First Post
1e ... and fie upon you all! :lol:

Seriously though ... I never really liked the 2e stuff, although I did try it a couple of times. Never had a chance to try ODnD, though I have purchased pdf copies of the rule books.

Ah well.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Its been a little more than a year since I replied to this thread, and things have changed. I no longer have any first edition books, though I have most of what I had in pdf now. I hardly ever rfrenced those books, so I felt the need to make way for new purchases.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
I still use the 1E DMG to generate material for adventures. I really dig the random dungeon generator presented there.

I'd love to play a 1E or 2E game if there was one available.

tx7321

First Post
D. "I'd love to play a 1E or 2E game if there was one available." What about OSRIC? Its free, and you could just e-mail the book to your 3E players to look at (for Character generation etc.). And I understand Shrooms is a great new module (written by the OSRIC original author..which is cool).

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Does OSRIC count as AD&D 1e? I know it's not the same exact tthing, but I recently sold my AD&D 1e books and made the switch (because I like the fact that, with OSRIC, I get all of the rules in one place).

Last edited:

ashepp

First Post
DandD

Admin's Notes:

Ashepp, please do not cut-and-paste copyrighted materials from other websites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
tx7321 said:
Wow thats alot more 1E players here then I thought. Cool. :)
ENWorld has evolved over the four years since I joined. Back then any reference to 1st Edition automatically resulted in heaps of criticism. I think the thread label helps a lot, as you're not going to log onto one labled for the earlier editions unless you are actually willing to talk about it in a civil manner, with respect for those who still like those versions.

Remove ads